Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck Spiritually

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andius View Post
    What on Earth do you mean, "Stuck Spiritually?".
    I don't think you can really understand what this means until you've been there, Andius. No offense intended. It's quite debilitating.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Due to TWeb not working like it used to, I don't always notice posts I haven't read. Sorry I didn't get this in here earlier.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    I have been stuck spiritually for about a year now. I want God's guidance on how He wants me to change my life to better serve and glorify Him. Also, wisdom on how to talk to my wife about this as His will becomes clearer.

Thanks.
    This has been on my mind.

Anything new here?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This has been on my mind.

Anything new here?
    Thanks for caring.

Still stuck in the mud.

I have really come to the conclusion that I need to find a church home. I'm working up a post on that which I hope to post soon. I just wish I didn't live in a pagan h*ll. I have really come to conclusion, I don't have to go to the mission field, the mission field has come to me.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

My time to be on TWeb is unpredictable. It may take a few days for me to see your post and respond.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks for caring.

Still stuck in the mud.

I have really come to the conclusion that I need to find a church home. I'm working up a post on that which I hope to post soon. I just wish I didn't live in a pagan h*ll. I have really come to conclusion, I don't have to go to the mission field, the mission field has come to me.
    I believe that's exactly what you need, TM... you need fellowship and encouragement. I wish my Church were in your area, or you were in my area. I would love for you to meet my people and see how loving and encouraging they are.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

God really can use you right where you are. Sometimes in ways you might not even know about.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have really come to the conclusion that I need to find a church home.
    That has been my conclusion too, and I think we may have found one in a rather interesting way.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    That has been my conclusion too, and I think we may have found one in a rather interesting way.
    Do tell.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Do tell.
    It's not a divine revelation thing, or anything spectacular like that. Just perseverence and willingness to not expect perfection. I posted in the mod area (and you'd know if you came back on staff )

Quote Originally Posted by BTC
    We attended a church yesterday that is literally a half-mile from my new place. It is really different. It's a "satellite church" of one of the megachurches here. There are about 30-40 people there, they do their own P&W, offering, and announcements, but the actual sermon is streamed from the main campus. It was actually pretty nice. Hopefully, we can finally settle into a church home. It's been years since I've had this much hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTC
    Week 2 was just as good. Girls got to go this weekend, since they weren't working. Both said that was the first time in a long time that a preacher held their attention for the whole sermon.
    This past weekend, we had 3 of 5 of us sick, so we didn't go for fear of infecting the church.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    This past weekend, we had 3 of 5 of us sick, so we didn't go for fear of infecting the church.
    This is encouraging. I hope this works out for you, OR, God has something even better!