Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Let's Starve Granny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    My understanding about this particular case was that the body was rejecting any food rather than digesting it so feeding was pointless.
    Depends on the type of rejection, actually and there might be other measures (or not) - every case is different. If they really can't use a feeding tube or any other useful measure that is very different from just deciding Granny doesn't wanna live and not bothering to insert one. But the danger is assuming A - accountability is crucial here.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Actually, I think it's time we seriously gave consideration to euthanasia. Some humans are just not fit for this whole 'being a decent human' thing and the merciful thing would be to humanely put them out of their misery. I think it's fairly evident that people who can, with a straight face, propose starving Granny to death even when she's asking for food have crossed that threshold.

It's time we began a humane project for dealing with these unfortunates - it should be fairly easy to get them together (put enough rubber chicken on a plate and call it something ridiculous and they'll trot right on in) and we can just lock them in and let nature take its course...

Oh and double for the idiots that can't recognize the sarcasm!

The bit you quoted is not advocating involuntary starvation.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        The bit you quoted is not advocating involuntary starvation.

True - but the latter bit that explains it doesn't explain the premise.

It's too short to quote that much from it anyway.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          That's why everyone should have a living will.
          In practice, living wills are ignored if even one family member expresses doubt; caregivers would rather violate the living will than risk a lawsuit from a distraught family member.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            In practice, living wills are ignored if even one family member expresses doubt; caregivers would rather violate the living will than risk a lawsuit from a distraught family member.

That's why my living will basically says my brother can make decisions for me if I am unable to. I trust him to do the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              That's why my living will basically says my brother can make decisions for me if I am unable to. I trust him to do the right thing.

Your brother doesn't eat bacon or drink rum?!?!?!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Your brother doesn't eat bacon or drink rum?!?!?!
                uh oh.

be right back... gotta change my will...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X