Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Humans Bred with Completely Unknown Species

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    The genesis account says "sons of God". Lots of free-play with that term. Angels is only likely.
    Lots of free play, indeed.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Ancient Humans Bred with Completely Unknown Species
    Well that explains Rogue06!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Our sexual apparatus isn't "technology," for one. Second, the daughters were physical not metaphysical. They had primate wombs made of meat.
    I'm saying that if man today knows how to genetically manipulate the reproductive system of a female mammal, allowing for parthenogenesis, the sons of God could presumably do the same. Or who knows what technology they knew that we may not even know today.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Preposterous in the scientific sense. Biologists have no methodology to test for what you described.

I'd argue it's also preposterous in theological sense. It entails the belief that God unleashed horny inter-dimensional beings that can reproduce with human women. That doesn't happen by accident.
    Of course biologists have no methodology. You would need to study an angels biology to come up with any conclusions. You will just have to wait until they capture one . No it entails that God created beings that can manifest themselves physically. Since the Bible teaches that, I don't see the problem.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Of course biologists have no methodology. You would need to study an angels biology to come up with any conclusions. You will just have to wait until they capture one . No it entails that God created beings that can manifest themselves physically. Since the Bible teaches that, I don't see the problem.
    Granted, the bible teaches that enfleshment is a doddle for spirits. Anything's easy when you're a spirit, apparently. =P

It's kind of hokey, though. The sacredness of divine creation is diminished if any spirit can change from genderless spirit into the form of a male higher primate. That's godlike.

Can they become scorpions and squirrels, as well?

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    I'm saying that if man today knows how to genetically manipulate the reproductive system of a female mammal, allowing for parthenogenesis, the sons of God could presumably do the same. Or who knows what technology they knew that we may not even know today.
    The sons of god manipulated female organs to be compatible with what exactly? Spiritual sperm?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The sons of god manipulated female organs to be compatible with what exactly? Spiritual sperm?
    I don't believe angels did consort with humans like Sean does, but I do believe angels can take on physical form and all that that entails.

But even if they did (and I don't think they did), the offspring would still be human. Human genes paired with human genes (which is what an angel would have to take on) equals human genes. It would make family reunions awkward and exciting but I don't think anybody would be getting super powers.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManwŰ S˙limo View Post
    I don't believe angels did consort with humans like Sean does, but I do believe angels can take on physical form and all that that entails.
    Why would God allow them to take human form and disguise themselves as an evolved primate? Could they also become antelopes?

Moreover, why would angels want to become lower than themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by ManwŰ S˙limo View Post
    But even if they did (and I don't think they did), the offspring would still be human. Human genes paired with human genes (which is what an angel would have to take on) equals human genes. It would make family reunions awkward and exciting but I don't think anybody would be getting super powers.
    If they're just normal human beings, why are they giants?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Why would God allow them to take human form and disguise themselves as an evolved primate? Could they also become antelopes?
    Angels and humans can disobey God. But there are times in the Bible where angels did take form of human flesh on the behest of God.

Moreover, why would angels want to become lower than themselves?
    Our fantastic eating establishments?

If they're just normal human beings, why are they giants?
    I haven't really studied the references to giants in the OT, but it's entirely possible its a reference to their notoriety and not their physical size.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Granted, the bible teaches that enfleshment is a doddle for spirits. Anything's easy when you're a spirit, apparently. =P

It's kind of hokey, though. The sacredness of divine creation is diminished if any spirit can change from genderless spirit into the form of a male higher primate. That's godlike.

Can they become scorpions and squirrels, as well?
    Maybe your idea of "The sacredness of divine creation" is flawed? And why would that be their problem? Again, we don't have one to study so we don't know anything. For all we know they could be created as hermaphrodites.

Tell me why they wouldn't be able too? Can Satan become a snake (not that I believe this idea)? You are very limited in your view of how divine beings ought to work. We as humans have no clue what they can and cannot do.
    Last edited by Jesse; 08-09-2014 at 01:46 AM.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)