Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ancient Humans Bred with Completely Unknown Species

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mor View Post
    A book is never meant to be used as an evidence, though I know it is sometimes used. The reason I provided the cite is that if we want to find a place in the Bible that in a few paragraphs describes the history of contemporary humankind, take note of that cite. The evidence you provide is very unclear to me also, no more than the book.

For example, let's assume hypothetical situation. (This is just an experiment!) A humankind lived on a planet, then moved to another planet, then moved to the third planet, and in some time they live on planet D. What your D scientists will know about the history of humankind, if they rely on only books and archaeology? I know the answer. Do you? That is why I think that the method is flawed, regardless on the actual history, whether they live on one planet or on 10 planets.
    Why can't a book be considered evidence? Case in point, for years the English physician William Harvey is credited with discovering the pulmonary circulation of blood with his 1628 book Exercitatio Anatomica de Motu Cordis et Sanguinis in Animalibus ("An Anatomical Exercise on the Motion of the Heart and Blood in Living Beings") being offered as evidence. Centuries later, after a book by the 13th century Arab physician Ibn al-Nafis called Sharh al Tashreeh al Qanoon ("Commentary on the anatomy of Canon of Avicenna") was found in the early 20th century it demonstrated that al-Nafis had made this discovery nearly 300 years earlier.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Mor
    shunyadragon, I already tell you in another thread that "evidences" are not transmitted and are nonsense when used without subject. I am glad that some seers see and maybe even they are right to some extent, but sorry, I think the method is wrong and flawed.

Mor
    rogue06, the reason the book was written was perhaps to teach students and communicate with other scientists. When this book is used as proof who made discovery first it is a perversion and not what this book is written for. The Bible also, is written to teach, not to judge, for example.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    shunyadragon, I already tell you in another thread that "evidences" are not transmitted and are nonsense when used without subject. I am glad that some seers see and maybe even they are right to some extent, but sorry, I think the method is wrong and flawed.
    Evidences in science ore objectively observed within the subject of the falsification of theories and hypothesis.

Just asserting the method is flawed is anecdotal and does not make it so. The computers and the communication system we use are a clear witness to the success of the methods you question.

'Maybe some seers?' and 'maybe they are right to some extent?' You need to do better than that to be meaningful.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Mor
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Just asserting the method is flawed is anecdotal and does not make it so. The computers and the communication system we use are a clear witness to the success of the methods you question.
    I doubt you can do something for a long time and not have any success, no matter what method you choose and no matter how talented you are. Science is practice. But history is another story.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    The world will likely propose some sort of extraterrestrial evoked species theory (assuming that the mystery DNA remains unexplained), before they believe anything Genesis has to say.
    Regale us with your Genesis exegesis expertise mapped to the current consilient database of paleontological/anthropological/modern genetic knowledge.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    More research has revealed our relationship with a previously little known sapien species.

Source: http://news.sciencemag.org/archaeology/2015/09/siberian-cave-was-home-generations-mysterious-ancient-humans

Siberian cave was home to generations of mysterious ancient humans by Ann Gibbons

In 2010, scientists discovered a new kind of human by sequencing DNA from a girl’s pinky finger found in Denisova Cave in Siberia. Ever since, researchers have wondered when the girl lived, and if her people, called Denisovans, lingered in the cave or just passed through. But the elusive Denisovans left almost no fossil record—only that bit of bone and a handful of teeth—and they came from a site that was notoriously difficult to date.

Now, state-of-the-art DNA analysis on the Denisovan molars and new dates on cave material show that Denisovans occupied the cave surprisingly early and came back repeatedly. The data suggest that the girl lived at least 50,000 years ago and that two other Denisovan individuals died in the cave at least 110,000 years ago and perhaps as early as 170,000 years ago, according to two talks here last week at the meeting of the European Society for the study of Human Evolution. Although the new age estimates have wide margins of error, they help solidify our murky view of Denisovans and provide “really convincing evidence of multiple occupations of the cave,” says paleoanthropologist Fred Spoor of University College London. “You can seriously see it’s a valid species.”

Most of the cave’s key fossils come from a thick band of sandstone called layer 11. When researchers first dated animal bones and artifacts in this layer, the results varied widely, between 30,000 to 50,000 years ago. So Siberian researchers invited geochronologist Tom Higham of the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom to re-date the sequence. Higham’s team collected and radiocarbon-dated about 20 samples of artifacts and animal bones with cut marks, which presumably were discarded by ancient humans. Sediments holding the finger bone, at the bottom of layer 11, came out right at the limit of radiocarbon dating, and are likely older than 48,000 to 50,000 years, reported postdoc and archaeologist Katerina Douka of Oxford.

Another dating expert at the meeting was cautious about these results. “How secure is the association of the Denisovans with the [dated] animal remains?” asked geochronologist Daniel Richter of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, and Leuphana University in Lüneburg. But Douka stressed that the dates were from cut-marked animal bones and ornaments, and were consistent across three cave chambers.

The dates also fit with genetic evidence presented at the meeting that Denisovans were in the cave early. Researchers sequenced nuclear DNA from three molars from layer 11 and a child’s molar from a deeper layer, 22, according to a talk by graduate student Viviane Slon, who works in the lab of paleogeneticist Svante Pääbo at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology. (A dating method considered experimental for caves, thermoluminescence dating, had suggested that layer 22 is 170,000 years old.)

Slon and her colleagues managed to analyze a significant amount of nuclear DNA from three teeth that turned out to be Denisovan. (A fourth was Neandertal.) By comparing key sites on the tooth DNA with corresponding sites in the high-quality genomes of the Denisova girl, Neandertals, and modern humans, they revealed that the Denisovan inhabitants in that one cave were not closely related. They had more genetic variation among them than all the Neandertals so far sequenced, although Neandertals are known to be similar genetically.

© Copyright Original Source

But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I doubt you can do something for a long time and not have any success, no matter what method you choose and no matter how talented you are. Science is practice. But history is another story.
    Another story? The problem here is what you cite and assert does not represent an accurate depiction of the our history.

Frank

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here's another thread where I could perhaps settle all the questions of existence, but mossrose won't let me.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Here's another thread where I could perhaps settle all the questions of existence, but mossrose won't let me.
    ???????

Frank