Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 07/08/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 07/08/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Another reason we will ALWAYS need Jesus…

Back in my late teenage years and early twenties I had concluded that I didn’t need Jesus in my life. I professed to be a Christian and believe in Jesus I just didn’t think a relationship with him was that important. What I didn’t realize was Jesus wanted a relationship with me and he pursued me with a passion and I am so thankful he never gave up but eventually I did. Now all these years later the MOST important thing in my life is my relationship with Jesus.

As deep and as solid as my relationship with Jesus is there have been and are times when I stretch our relationship toward the breaking point. The apostle Paul in his book to the Romans explains what I mean. “It happens so regularly that it’s predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God’s commands, but it’s pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.” (Romans 7:21–23, The Message)

Yup! That’s me! Then when the Holy Spirit succeeds in confronting me with my rebellion I turn to the Psalms and pray Psalms 51. “Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night.” (Psalm 51:1–3, NLT)

Even before I can say amen the Holy Spirit gives life to the words of the first 2 verses of Romans chapter 8. “With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Those who enter into Christ’s being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. A new power is in operation. The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing you from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death.” (Romans 8:1–2, The Message)

The voice of experience has taught me that once we’ve created a relationship with Jesus the road of Repentance and Reconciliation leads to eternal life and as long as we draw breath we’ll always need to walk it.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”

Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X