Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Any idea where to download a PDF version of the Italic Waldensian Bible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea where to download a PDF version of the Italic Waldensian Bible?

Definitely still exists...

bible-itala.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

Hallo, again. If it's no trouble, I am also looking for an audio book (public domain) of the Septuagint?
    [Wondering if that's something that gets asked around here.:D]

Comment

A pdf of a whole Bible? That would be, um, large.

I doubt an audio version of the Septuagint exists, public domain or not. Are you looking for it in Greek or in translation?
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Are you sure you're not looking for one in zipped format?
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Have you tried sticking it in a blender and scanning what's left?

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
            Have you tried sticking it in a blender and scanning what's left?
            Is that what happened to your copy of the Silmarillion?
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              A pdf of a whole Bible? That would be, um, large.

I doubt an audio version of the Septuagint exists, public domain or not. Are you looking for it in Greek or in translation?(TS)
              Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              Are you sure you're not looking for one in zipped format?(GI)
              Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
              Have you tried sticking it in a blender and scanning what's left?(BOTB)
              Is that what happened to your copy of the Silmarillion?
              (TS) Greek all the way. So you reckon this is a bit of a lost venture?
              (GI) Zipped Format would help a lot, yes. Do you have any?
              (BOTB) Huh, I'm confused. Why would anyone want to do that?
              Last edited by NoBibleEqualsSinner; 07-10-2014, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoBibleEqualsSinner View Post
                (TS) Greek all the way. So you reckon this is a bit of a lost venture?
                Unfortunately, yeah. Audio books are generally only recorded when the book is expected to be a big seller, and those who study biblical Greek tend to be more familiar with the written text than the spoken word. You might be able to find portions of the LXX in Greek Orthodox recordings, but that would only cover part of the LXX.
                (BOTB) Huh, I'm confused. Why would anyone want to do that?
                He's a horny doofus. It's best not to ask why.

sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, yeah. Audio books are generally only recorded when the book is expected to be a big seller, and those who study biblical Greek tend to be more familiar with the written text than the spoken word. You might be able to find portions of the LXX in Greek Orthodox recordings, but that would only cover part of the LXX.

He's a horny doofus. It's best not to ask why.(HM)
                  Yeah, the Greek Orthodox Church fell pretty harshly under Papal Inquiry during WW1 and WW2 (Croatia, Ukraine, Romania) and now with this whole bailout in Greece and Cyprus, is terrible. I've spoken with two people from those parts, there are no jobs, there's no food, it's a wreck. Fortunately, there are still a few Greek Speaking people out there(1), God bless and protect them; keep praying for them. But, you are right, Sir - that's probably the best place to start looking!

(HM) Yep.

(1) Around .2%, 14 - 17 million of the world population 7.175 billion are Greek speaking peoples, Immigration and Asylum: From 1900 to the Present; 2013 United States Census Bureau
                  Last edited by NoBibleEqualsSinner; 07-11-2014, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Please tell me where to get my hands on a Waldenses Bible PLEASE. I HAVE NEVER SEEN!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1058[/ATTACH]
                    Please tell me where to get the Waldenses bible, Amy suggestions pretty please!!!
                    This would be great for my Bible collection. Amen.

Sincerely, Henry David Tetreault

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1058[/ATTACH]
                      For first picture, I can't say what language it is.

For second, it is definitely in English, print from c. 1500 or a bit before, and it is NOT Waldensian. I don't really think it is Lollard either.

It could possibly be Tyndale.
                      http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

Originally posted by Redghost357 View Post
                        Please tell me where to get the Waldenses bible, Amy suggestions pretty please!!!
                        This would be great for my Bible collection. Amen.

Sincerely, Henry David Tetreault
                        Did you ever find an Itala Bible? I've been looking for several years, and haven't been able to locate one. Although I've found probably over a hundred different history books, documents, websites, and other influential and authoritative sources that talk about the Waldensian Bibles - the Itala, the Tepl, and the Romaunt. Wonder where they could be hiding?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X