Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Deeper Waters Podcast on ITunes!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's pretty bad. That was the guest. We assume his mic was rubbing against his clothing or facial hair as he moved around...and we don't have the $1200 needed for a "Derustle" tool in RX6 Advanced that might fix it. Sorry.

Comment

Early on, some podcasts were not mono-compatible..when the Mid-Side was folded to mono, there was only squelching and garbled speech.

This should have been fixed for all affected podcasts, but I have no idea how RSS feeds work (at all). The audio files were corrected and the RSS edited, but I'm not sure what happens from there.

This is the corrected file.

http://www.deeperwatersapologetics.c...llerWilder.mp3

Comment

Originally posted by How To Avoid Art View Post
        Yeah, it's pretty bad. That was the guest. We assume his mic was rubbing against his clothing or facial hair as he moved around...and we don't have the $1200 needed for a "Derustle" tool in RX6 Advanced that might fix it. Sorry.
        In the future use that thingy they put over the microphone head kind of like a sleeve[1]. It's designed to prevent the mic from rubbing against stuff.

1. Can't remember the name. I know it's been around for decades and my friend who ran a syndicated radio show referred to it as a "mic condom."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          In the future use that thingy they put over the microphone head kind of like a sleeve[1]. It's designed to prevent the mic from rubbing against stuff.

1. Can't remember the name. I know it's been around for decades and my friend who ran a syndicated radio show referred to it as a "mic condom."
          It's called a pop-filter. The problem is that we can't make the guests go out and buy anything.
          What they have on their end is what they have on their end.
          What is sent to me is a stereo recording (an MP3 @ 256kbps) from Amolto.com.
          The podcast is from two remote sources with whatever equipment they have.
          I never have any contact with the guests - just the audio problems they left.
          Most can be fixed to some degree, but the amplitude and spectral range of the noise in the Mormonism episode is far too great.

In the attached image, the right side is the audio spectrum (lower is "bass", higher is "treble"). The left side is time. The red areas are the rustling - to remove them completely would result in the guest sounding like he was buried beneath several feet of cardboard as far too much of the audio spectrum must be removed.

red.jpg
          Last edited by How To Avoid Art; 04-11-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

itunes is not downloading the April 14, 21 and 28 episodes

Comment

Thank you! We will look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                itunes is not downloading the April 14, 21 and 28 episodes

Just updated the RSS feed (what iTunes looks at). It takes a little bit to update, but let us know if that helped. Thanks.

Comment

there are three podcasts that I can't get to download from Itunes July 14ths, Saving Truth. July 28th, Pretrism and August 18th God's super apostles

Comment