Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

So I figured out what's wrong with my stomach...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I figured out what's wrong with my stomach...

And it's weird.

A bit of background: I've had some kind of stomach problem for around 12 years. It's never gotten worse, and it's always been manageable, but it's always been there. Liveable, but really, really annoying. I'm almost totally convinced, now, that I know what the problem is.

I am physically incapable of burping when I need to. That's it. I don't have a disease that's made me nauseated for half my life, there's just something wrong with my esophagus (or something) that prevents me from burping.

My burps, when I needed them the most, had abandoned me.

When you're done laughing at this goofy problem of mine (and believe me, it is a real problem, and an incredibly uncomfortable one), does anybody have any advice on how to burp?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Try sucking in your gut as much as you can, and once you've reached that point, try to swallow. You should feel a pocket of air lodge itself in your throat. Then try to expel that air like you're trying to speak.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Meanwhile, I'll belch a few good burps in your honor.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thanks, square_peg. I'll be practicing that.

Cow Poke, I'm deeply touched. *sniff* Nobody's ever done that for me.

This makes me laugh every time I think it, but this is now a legitimate prayer request of mine: "pray that I can burp!"
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Judging from Duck Duck Go, it's actually not unheard of. Can't find any good info on it yet, though...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            Thanks, square_peg. I'll be practicing that.

Cow Poke, I'm deeply touched. *sniff* Nobody's ever done that for me.

This makes me laugh every time I think it, but this is now a legitimate prayer request of mine: "pray that I can burp!"
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X