Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

French pub fined for "undeclared labour" because customers returned glasses to bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French pub fined for "undeclared labour" because customers returned glasses to bar

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...r-9018432.html

French officials have fined a pub in Brittany €9,000 for “undeclared labour” after a customer returned some empty glasses to the bar.

For customers at the Mamm-Kounifl concert-café in Locmiquélic, carrying drinks trays and used glasses back to the bar was a polite tradition.

But for social security agency URSAFF, it was also an infringement of labour laws because customers were acting like waiters, French local newspaper Le Télégramme reported.

“Around half-past midnight, a customer returned a drinks tray. She passed by the bar to go to the toilets. That was when it all kicked off. My husband was pinned against the glass by a man. A woman leapt on me, showing her ID card and that’s when I realised it was a URSSAF check. They told me I had been caught using undeclared labour,” owner Markya Le Floch told Le Télégramme.

“It is a scam. We haven’t committed any wrong doing,” she added.
    Thanks liberals.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Undeclared labour is all the more pernicious when the proletariat have been brainwashed and are thus unaware of their involuntary servitude.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

This makes me wonder what will surprise me anymore.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Wonder if French McD's and other fast food places have customers emptying trays in the trash and returning them to the holders overhead, as they do here in the USA. Or if that's also fined.

Comment

Kinda sad that the Maginot Line looks like genius in comparison...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

After learning that rape wasn't illegal in France, I'm not surprised at anything stupid and inane that the French do.

Comment

What Teal said! Good grief.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
                After learning that rape wasn't illegal in France, I'm not surprised at anything stupid and inane that the French do.
                Really??? Can I have a valid source for that claim?
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

It just goes to show you.... the only thing wrong with France is all those Frenchies!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    This makes me wonder what will surprise me anymore.
                    Oh, I need the Amen button.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Looked it up. Rapeis illegal in France! Where'd Just Some Dude get the idea it wasn't? Though it looks like that law was passed in 1980, which is still pretty bad, if true.

Comment

And, double checking my resources shows that I didn't do my research very well, and I may have gotten confused with the law prior to 1980 with modern law. Very bad misinformation on my part, and I am very sorry.

Comment

Maybe you were thinking of Italy...

Pedophile, 60, goes free after court rules girl, 11, was in love with her abuser

Comment

How could an 11 year old want to ... That makes no sense! Disgusting! The guy's old enough to be her grandfather!
                            Last edited by Christianbookworm; 01-23-2014, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Thoroughly and utterly disgusting.

Comment