Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

New TV Trope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. The reference was to video game forums (and the little I've seen of some local gamer communities), where the cool thing is to spit upon Christianity.

Considering some of those bizarre interpretations of Christianity, I'm not sure I've necessarily had it worse dealing with Japanese video games.

Comment

TV Tropes seems like an interesting site but I don't really watch TV or movies so I just mainly read the stuff on music, which isn't much.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
        Sorry. The reference was to video game forums (and the little I've seen of some local gamer communities), where the cool thing is to spit upon Christianity.

Considering some of those bizarre interpretations of Christianity, I'm not sure I've necessarily had it worse dealing with Japanese video games.
        Yeah. The Chantry kind of combines Greek theology with Christian theology, and turns it into their own fantasy religion, though with the Christian theology taking front-seat. The thing is, fantasy games have to make up their own version of Medieval Catholicism, as they have to get around the fact that the real Catholic Church would have problems with its denizens using the arcane arts to summon maelstorms in order to kill their enemies.

....also, a lot of people on 'any' major forum are bound to be twats.
        Last edited by TimelessTheist; 07-20-2014, 11:06 PM.
        Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Although I admit, it's sometimes funny to see them get it so completely, hilariously wrong...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Although I admit, it's sometimes funny to see them get it so completely, hilariously wrong...

Yup.
            Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment