Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Safe, Legal and RARE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    ...so perhaps my comment is not on point.
    If it weren't, we would adjust the thread accordingly!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by robertb View Post
      I imagine that people have children at a similar rate to other 'Western' economies. However, I thought we were discussing why abortion itself was more rare, to which I posited education as being the likely primary reason.
      We were - I was wondering if sterilization was a factor in that reduction. It apparently is not.

I'm dubious of education as a causal factor. I've yet to walk into a classroom where none of the little (usually not so little) ones couldn't tell me that condoms were a prevention method. I also usually see the same little ones (not so little, thankfully) in my office. I'm therefore dubious about just how effective education is in any prevention area.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        If it weren't, we would adjust the thread accordingly!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Abortion causes saggy arms.
          She looks quite old, too.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            I have never seen a smile that appears more forced than the one on this woman's face.
            You've never seen CP and my family reunion pictures.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              You've never seen CP and my family reunion pictures.
              Yeah, and "hug your brother and tell him you love him". Gag me with a pitch fork!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I wonder how many pro-choicers would have wanted their mother to have aborted them?

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  We were - I was wondering if sterilization was a factor in that reduction. It apparently is not.

I'm dubious of education as a causal factor. I've yet to walk into a classroom where none of the little (usually not so little) ones couldn't tell me that condoms were a prevention method. I also usually see the same little ones (not so little, thankfully) in my office. I'm therefore dubious about just how effective education is in any prevention area.
                  Apologies, I was not referring specifically to the education of children, per se. I was referring to societal education as a whole. I should have made that a bit more clear.

Comment

Here in the Netherlands, we have less than half the abortion rate per capita, than does the US.

Accurate education seems to be essential to that bit about being rare.
                    Actually, according to Guttmacher, it appears to be more a function of poverty than education. In the Netherlands, abortion rates jumped 31% between 1996 and 2003 as a result of a jump in immigration. http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3310607.html#17
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Actually, according to Guttmacher, it appears to be more a function of poverty than education. In the Netherlands, abortion rates jumped 31% between 1996 and 2003 as a result of a jump in immigration. http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3310607.html#17
                      The Netherlands has a long history of immigrants as we were a colonial power, back in the day. However, we still have less than half the rate of abortion than does the US per capita.

Comment

Apologies, I was not referring specifically to the education of children, per se. I was referring to societal education as a whole. I should have made that a bit more clear.
                        No prob. I find the same principle holds here and I didn't make it any clearer myself.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The Netherlands has a long history of immigrants as we were a colonial power, back in the day. However, we still have less than half the rate of abortion than does the US per capita.
                          Your poverty rate is also significantly lower than the US too.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yeah, and "hug your brother and tell him you love him". Gag me with a pitch fork!
                            It takes all the fun out of it when they first check us for knives and take away the "Kick Me 'Cause I'm A Doofus" signs

Of course there is still the aunt who wants to pinch your cheeks -- well, she used to

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              Your poverty rate is also significantly lower than the US too.
                              Get what you pay for, I suppose.

Comment

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X