Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Safe, Legal and RARE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    Based only on the quotes provided in this thread, the word 'rare' is removed but the idea of family planning is augmented and is oriented toward reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies:

"The Democratic Party also strongly supports access to comprehensive affordable family planning services and age-appropriate sex education which empower people to make informed choices and live healthy lives. We also recognize that such health care and education help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies and thereby also reduce the need for abortions."
    But the key is that "rare" was a major emphasis that NOBODY outside "planned parenthood" (which is, itself, a misnomer) believed. Planned Parenthood is an Abortion Machine, and OPPOSES any kind of education other than "kill the baby, you're better off". (No, they don't word it like that, there is a MAJOR bias in PP toward abortion and against NOT having one.)

If there were not a major emphasis on abortion by PP, they wouldn't be so opposed to people giving "the other side" prior to making a decision.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      But the key is that "rare" was a major emphasis that NOBODY outside "planned parenthood" (which is, itself, a misnomer) believed. Planned Parenthood is an Abortion Machine, and OPPOSES any kind of education other than "kill the baby, you're better off". (No, they don't word it like that, there is a MAJOR bias in PP toward abortion and against NOT having one.)

If there were not a major emphasis on abortion by PP, they wouldn't be so opposed to people giving "the other side" prior to making a decision.
      I think the phrase originated as a campaign slogan of Bill Clinton's, or that's the earliest I seem to remember it being used. I always supposed he was sincere about wanting abortions to be rare, but maybe I am not cynical enough. Let me work on tha: All politicians are evil liars all the time and should never be believed, even when they tell the truth.
      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

I think the phrase originated as a campaign slogan of Bill Clinton's, or that's the earliest I seem to remember it being used. I always supposed he was sincere about wanting abortions to be rare, but maybe I am not cynical enough. Let me work on tha: All politicians are evil liars all the time and should never be believed, even when they tell the truth.
        In my experience (which is admittedly limited; take this how you will), every pro-choicer who claims that they want abortion to be rare will always, without fail, defend any instance of an abortion actually happening.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          In my experience (which is admittedly limited; take this how you will), every pro-choicer who claims that they want abortion to be rare will always, without fail, defend any instance of an abortion actually happening.
          Because if they really wanted it to be rare(i.e. life of the mother), they'd be pro-life.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Interesting column in the New York Times pointing out the flaws of both the conservative and liberal approach to contraception and their effects on the number of abortions: The ‘Safe, Legal, Rare’ Illusion

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It was their official position - then abortion numbers and support declined. Now they are trying to 'fight the stigma' of abortion - by having people post positive experiences (killed my baby, wish you were here), wearing t-shirts ("I had an abortion" - not kidding) and similar nonsense, some quite graphic.

It's called desperation.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Why? For the folk that profit from this?
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  It was their official position - then abortion numbers and support declined. Now they are trying to 'fight the stigma' of abortion - by having people post positive experiences (killed my baby, wish you were here), wearing t-shirts ("I had an abortion" - not kidding) and similar nonsense, some quite graphic.

It's called desperation.
                  Source: Planned Parenthood

With over one billion dollars in assets and a half a billion of taxpayer dollars ($542.4 million) funding their abortion chain1, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is a worldwide force in providing abortions. Although they claim that their ‘Abortion Services’ are only 3% of their medical services, the 333,964 abortions committed provided (using $625 as the average provided by their site) an enormous revenue of over $208,727,500. In addition, the nation’s abortion giant only provided prenatal care to 28,674 women and made a measly 2300 adoption referrals. That’s 145 abortions for every ONE adoption referral. Tragically, 98% of these pregnant women leave Planned Parenthood clinics without a baby. Our tax dollars fund 45% of Planned Parenthood’s budget despite the fact that they’ve failed miserably in reducing the national 49% “unintended” pregnancy rate in nearly two decades. This rate hasn’t changed since 1995, according to the CDC Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS)2. The claim that our tax dollars don’t fund abortion is completely false. The Hyde Amendment does not prohibit funding of abortions in cases of rape or incest nor when the life of the mother is endangered.

In the embedded image to the left, self-described ‘radical feminist’ Gloria Steinem proudly dons the t-shirt proclaiming “I Had An Abortion”. Although it is the title of a 2005 documentary featuring Steinem, the t-shirt was sold, proudly, by Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) in a massive campaign to publicly proclaim the liberating act of abortion.3 Herein lies the hypocrisy of PPFA, who claims the issue of abortion is a private matter (and pours millions of dollars into fighting any legislative infringement of the ‘right to kill a child’), unless of course, publicity of it generates revenue. The amount of dissonance that firmly envelopes PPFA’s propaganda is staggering, denying even the basics of biology. Faye Wattleton, an African-American, was PPFA’s longest serving president from 1978-19924. She sums up the pro-abortion mentality in a rare moment of candor:

“I think we have deluded ourselves into believing that people don’t know that abortion is killing. So any pretense that abortion is not killing is a signal of our ambivalence, a signal that we cannot say yes, it kills a fetus, but it is the woman’s body, and therefore ultimately her choice.” –Faye Wattleton, President of Planned Parenthood, Ms. Magazine, 1997

[*Continues*]

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I should note that the article is called "Planned Parenthood" not that the source is Planned Parenthood

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think Clinton was a very gifted politician who knew how to sell. AND, it's entirely possible that he, personally, wanted abortions to be "rare", but understood that to get the women's vote (particularly the liberal base) he had to defend abortion.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, sterilization in general. Thanks.
                      I assume you are referring to the rare procedure (especially nowadays) of women having their tubes tied.

Same answer.

Comment

Originally posted by robertb View Post
                        I assume you are referring to the rare procedure (especially nowadays) of women having their tubes tied.

Same answer.

Thanks.

Ligation is one of several sterilization procedures - and the most common of the electives. If the rate is low that does answer my question even though I wasn't being that specific.

It's weird, though - in Europe where 'growth' rates are in free fall you'd think sterilization would be common - after all, it's one procedure and you don't have to hassle with it any more. Wonder why people are 'keeping their options open' even though they don't statistically seem to be opting for children?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Source: Planned Parenthood

With over one billion dollars in assets and a half a billion of taxpayer dollars ($542.4 million) funding their abortion chain1, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is a worldwide force in providing abortions. Although they claim that their ‘Abortion Services’ are only 3% of their medical services, the 333,964 abortions committed provided (using $625 as the average provided by their site) an enormous revenue of over $208,727,500. In addition, the nation’s abortion giant only provided prenatal care to 28,674 women and made a measly 2300 adoption referrals. That’s 145 abortions for every ONE adoption referral. Tragically, 98% of these pregnant women leave Planned Parenthood clinics without a baby. Our tax dollars fund 45% of Planned Parenthood’s budget despite the fact that they’ve failed miserably in reducing the national 49% “unintended” pregnancy rate in nearly two decades. This rate hasn’t changed since 1995, according to the CDC Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS)2. The claim that our tax dollars don’t fund abortion is completely false. The Hyde Amendment does not prohibit funding of abortions in cases of rape or incest nor when the life of the mother is endangered.

In the embedded image to the left, self-described ‘radical feminist’ Gloria Steinem proudly dons the t-shirt proclaiming “I Had An Abortion”. Although it is the title of a 2005 documentary featuring Steinem, the t-shirt was sold, proudly, by Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) in a massive campaign to publicly proclaim the liberating act of abortion.3 Herein lies the hypocrisy of PPFA, who claims the issue of abortion is a private matter (and pours millions of dollars into fighting any legislative infringement of the ‘right to kill a child’), unless of course, publicity of it generates revenue. The amount of dissonance that firmly envelopes PPFA’s propaganda is staggering, denying even the basics of biology. Faye Wattleton, an African-American, was PPFA’s longest serving president from 1978-19924. She sums up the pro-abortion mentality in a rare moment of candor:

“I think we have deluded ourselves into believing that people don’t know that abortion is killing. So any pretense that abortion is not killing is a signal of our ambivalence, a signal that we cannot say yes, it kills a fetus, but it is the woman’s body, and therefore ultimately her choice.” –Faye Wattleton, President of Planned Parenthood, Ms. Magazine, 1997

[*Continues*]

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I should note that the article is called "Planned Parenthood" not that the source is Planned Parenthood
                          I have never seen a smile that appears more forced than the one on this woman's face.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thanks.

Ligation is one of several sterilization procedures - and the most common of the electives. If the rate is low that does answer my question even though I wasn't being that specific.

It's weird, though - in Europe where 'growth' rates are in free fall you'd think sterilization would be common - after all, it's one procedure and you don't have to hassle with it any more. Wonder why people are 'keeping their options open' even though they don't statistically seem to be opting for children?

I imagine that people have children at a similar rate to other 'Western' economies. However, I thought we were discussing why abortion itself was more rare, to which I posited education as being the likely primary reason.

Comment

Originally posted by robertb View Post
                              I imagine that people have children at a similar rate to other 'Western' economies. However, I thought we were discussing why abortion itself was more rare, to which I posited education as being the likely primary reason.
                              Is abortion becoming more rare? I doubt it. I think the issue is that those who promote abortion KNOW it is no longer rare, so they believe they have to stop saying it is.

Although the whole industry is so full of lies I don't know why one more would make a difference to them.

Now, I am posting this admittedly without reading the entire thread, so perhaps my comment is not on point.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1193[/ATTACH]
                                Abortion causes saggy arms.
                                Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X