Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

A fourth Narnia movie was announced in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished reading Silver Chair. It would make for a good movie given that there are giants, a serpent, Puddleglum, and a huge underground world. And of course Aslan blowing the kids into Narnia would be a neat scene if they do it well.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      A big part of me isn't sure about whether I even want The Last Battle to be made. I make no secret about the fact that I have a problem with the Emeth chapter and I have no doubt Hollywood would make it a huge focus. (In fact, I'm really surprised that most evangelicals don't know about Lewis's inclusivism, which he explicitly stated in writing and which comes across in The Last Battle and The Great Divorce).
      It is a discussion that should be had especially in our contemporary pluralistic settings.

He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life...
      Last edited by Paprika; 02-24-2014, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
        It is a discussion that should be had especially in our contemporary pluralistic settings.
        I've actually been thinking about that Romans verse recently and was even considering starting a thread on it.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I've actually been thinking about that Romans verse recently and was even considering starting a thread on it.
          I will participate if you do.

Comment

Speaking of The Chronicles of Narnia, my son wants to read them so I went on Amazon, but I can’t tell much about the various sets that they have available. I'd like to get him a really nice set, maybe hardback. Not something that looks like little kids stories like My Little Pony stuff.

Any suggestions?
            Last edited by robrecht; 02-27-2014, 11:41 PM.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
              Speaking of The Chronicles of Narnia, my son wants to read them so I went on Amazon, but I can’t tell much about the various sets that they have available. I'd like to get him a really nice set, maybe hardback. Not something that looks like little kids stories like My Little Pony stuff.

Any suggestions?
              This is the one we own: http://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Nar.../dp/0066238501.
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Thanks, I just ordered the hardback version.
                βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X