Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Used to Be Pro-Choice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Used to Be Pro-Choice...

Source
    Originally posted by Life Site News
    Every morning, the faithfulness of the sun touches our eyelids. Unfortunately, the faithfulness of the alarm clock also reaches our ears. We slowly rise from the pillow, sneak out from under the sheets, and begin the tasks for that day. For most people, there is a passion that gives us the encouragement to live each day. It might be a job, a child, a spouse, a religion.
    My passion is being pro-life. It drives and it motivates me. I find joy in being the voice for the unborn every day, even if it’s just in the smallest ways. There was a time in my life when you couldn’t have paid me a million dollars to truthfully and passionately say the statement above. I used to be pro-choice. Pro-choice to my very core and then everything changed…
    I had an abortion.
    I found this one moving.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Yes, very moving.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

I think that's a very effective counter to the pro-abortion crowd's "I had an abortion" campaign.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yup.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I was pro abortion until 1968 when I saw some of those "disgusting pictures" that anti abortion people were displaying at the Santa Rosa County Fair in California. Those "nasty" pictures revealed to me the truth that these were babies, not things. I support the showing of those "ugly" photos. Display them widely.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            I was pro abortion until 1968 when I saw some of those "disgusting pictures" that anti abortion people were displaying at the Santa Rosa County Fair in California. Those "nasty" pictures revealed to me the truth that these were babies, not things. I support the showing of those "ugly" photos. Display them widely.
            I think that advances in ultrasound technology has convinced many people that those aren't merely blobs of tissue as the pro-abortion crowd often called them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I think that advances in ultrasound technology has convinced many people that those aren't merely blobs of tissue as the pro-abortion crowd often called them.
                Yup. About 15 years ago or so, children began seeing "pictures" on their refrigerators of their unborn brother or sister, and grew up remembering that. And now we can actually watch video! Makes it really hard to say that's not a human.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When I was 20 or so I thought that it was probably better for a child to be aborted than to grow up in a household where they weren't wanted, possibly abused and would likely grow up preying on society.

Later I figured that it was a decision that women should decide and that men should stay out of it.

Then the first ultrasound pictures started coming out. That changed everything. I could no longer look the other way. There was no longer any doubt that these were human beings and needed protecting.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A friend of mine (who is strongly opposed to abortion) who had gone on a trip to Africa said that at one point, while speaking to one of the men, the topic of abortion came up. When presented with the idea of a person having an abortion, this man simply could not understand why anyone would want to do that. It was completely alien to him.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I have a problem with understanding that myself.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

The part I have a problem understanding is how people can so easily see the disgusting nature of slaughtering babies, but ONLY after they're born. Any point before fully born, and it's "eh, lump of tissue needs to die so as to not inconvenience me."

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Templar View Post
                          The part I have a problem understanding is how people can so easily see the disgusting nature of slaughtering babies, but ONLY after they're born. Any point before fully born, and it's "eh, lump of tissue needs to die so as to not inconvenience me."
                          Agreed.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

How is it that I was pro0life as a child from the moment I found out that abortion was a thing? I read medical encyclopedias at around eight years old and had a baby sister at the time who was two years old. Of course I'd have been horrified that some one could have their baby killed...
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X