Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Religion: Better For Moral Health Of Community?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Haven't you seen his latest excuse, he is just trolling now! I mean:

1. He made a statement to seer that is the exact same thing as he's been saying for awhile. Christians here on tWeb 'do not take their faith seriously.'
    2. He attempted to defend this statement by giving links to the Bible.
    3. He made his next excuse, to avoid admitting he's wrong, on saying he just had an opinion and didn't have to defend his opinion.
    4. Now he's trying a new game in which he just admit he's just trolling because he can't admit he was wrong!

Perhaps we should take bets on what his next excuse will be to avoid admitting he was wrong. Perhaps the sun was in his eyes and he accidentally typed out what he said? Perhaps it was his evil twin posting? Whatever the answer, I'm sure he will further embarrass myself even more than he already has.
    I wonder if i've been having to much fun letting Norm give himself enough rope.

Comment

• Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
      Don't forget, "This was all just a social experiment!"
      He did claim he was 'researching for a novel on political and religious extremism'. I'm still wondering how I'm the extremist, when he is advocating that the KKK, Westboro, and ISIS are following their faith closer than Christians on tWeb are. And he claims to be 'researching' political and religious extremist, while holding extremist attitude, such as that? Almost sounds like the beginning of a joke, doesn't it?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
        I wonder if i've been having to much fun letting Norm give himself enough rope.
        I think we're long past that stage by now. Norm has tied his own rope, put it around his own neck, pulled the lever, and denies that anything went wrong to start with.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yep, the classic, "I'm just doing this for the lol's" excuse to avoid admitting you were wrong! Gosh, you'll do anything to avoid admitting you're wrong, eh? Here, let me help you come up with your next excuse to avoid admitting you're wrong because you're too full of pride to just admit you made a mistake.

1. The sun was in my eyes!
          2. My evil twin typed that out!
          3. My dog ate my reply!
          4. My cat walked across my keyboard and typed that response out!

Sureeee you're just doing this for the laughs. So does that mean when you said:

or when you said:

You really didn't mean it and were just trolling? No, I don't think so because you really do believe that RTT, myself, and everybody here are not 'True ChristiansTM' for daring to hold an opinion that isn't the same as what Norm believes it should be. What will be your next excuse so you could avoid admitting you're wrong? I gave you 4, perhaps you could use one of those on your next excuse because I think you really do believe the nonsense you post and you just made this up because you're incapable of admitting you were wrong, no matter what. Keep digging that hole. China isn't far off now!
          That reminds me; you never answered the original questions!!! So, if you think homosexuality is an abomination, why aren't you actively seeking to overthrow this obviously secular government that actually EMBRACES homosexuality!? Don't you know that it is ILLEGAL to discriminate against Gays? Why don't you care about that?

I stand by my accusation. Prove to me that you take your religion seriously. I want to see video of you trying to overthrow your local governments at least. What's the matter; Bob the Councilman too tough for you?

NORM
          When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by NormATive View Post
            That reminds me; you never answered the original questions!!!
            You mean I never answered them in a way you wanted to hear.

So, if you think homosexuality is an abomination, why aren't you actively seeking to overthrow this obviously secular government that actually EMBRACES homosexuality!? Don't you know that it is ILLEGAL to discriminate against Gays? Why don't you care about that?
            Ummm... the Roman Empire embarrassed homosexuality too sweety. Did Jesus or the apostles tell their followers to overthrow the government and install a religious government? Keep making stupid errors and showing why you're a laughing stock and why I shouldn't take a word you say seriousy.

I stand by my accusation.
            More magic mind reading powers?

Prove to me that you take your religion seriously.
            How am I suppose to 'prove that' when you keep making up standards as you go along and demand that I meet standards for beliefs I personally don't follow? Our government has done immoral things long before the homosexuality debate, should it have been overthrown than? How about the Roman Empire? They were doing quite a few immoral things in their day. Did Jesus or the apostles advocate overthrowing them and installing a religious government in charge?

I want to see video of you trying to overthrow your local governments at least. What's the matter; Bob the Councilman too tough for you?
            Did you rant and rave like this in your Christian days too? Did you make idiotic demands and idiotic statements that showed you had the IQ of a gold fish cracker in those days too? Why would I want to work on overthrowing the government? I don't believe government should generally be mixed in with religion and should take a stance to let religion be on its own. No where did Jesus advocate setting up a religious government, correct? Did the Apostles advocating setting up a religious government? So where did you develop this strange idea of overthrowing governments? Does that help you avoid having to answer arguments that are light years beyond your mental capacity to refute? I'd love to see what your book about extremist is about, while you hold to such extremist views here. You're in no position to talk about extremist when all of your foaming at the mouth rants and taunts.

Just remember everybody, this is the guy that says the ISIS, the KKK, and Westboro are more faithful followers than Christians on tWeb are, while saying the rest of us are 'political/religious extremist'. Don't worry Norm, I'll keep working on exposing the logic of your own words while you work on digging your hole to China because anything is better than saying you were wrong. Thanks though for proving that you really are not trolling and really do believe the nonsense you post and thus you basically lied when you said you were just doing this for the laughs. Thanks, couldn't of made you look this foolish, without your help.
            Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 08-20-2014, 09:54 PM.
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

He did claim he was 'researching for a novel on political and religious extremism'. I'm still wondering how I'm the extremist, when he is advocating that the KKK, Westboro, and ISIS are following their faith closer than Christians on tWeb are. And he claims to be 'researching' political and religious extremist, while holding extremist attitude, such as that? Almost sounds like the beginning of a joke, doesn't it?
              No, you misunderstand. You and Rummy are the lukewarm Christians who have watered down the gospel to fit your modern, secular lifestyle. You aren't extremists.

I don't believe in any religion, so I think it is all silly. Have you been watching what is going on in the Middle East as a result of religion?

NORM
              When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

No, you misunderstand. You and Rummy are the lukewarm Christians who have watered down the gospel to fit your modern, secular lifestyle. You aren't extremists.
                Go ahead, show where where Jesus or the apostles advocating taking over the world and establishing a religious theocracy. I want hard evidence, not piles of assertions. Bottom line is that you can't actually show that, can you? Nope, so instead you make up a bunch of stupid accusations, make up things like, "DUH! TRUE CHRISTIANS SHOULD BE PLOTTING JIHAD!" and than make a royal decree that any Christian not plotting the overthrow of the US government is not a 'true Christian'. Yet, what Bible verses back up this version of Christianity Norm? NONE! And thus you are reduced to making up bald assertions, stupid claims, and idiotic statements because you just can't admit you were wrong.

I don't believe in any religion, so I think it is all silly. Have you been watching what is going on in the Middle East as a result of religion?
                People have killed one another over all sorts of things Norm. WWII was not fought over religion and neither was WWI. I also see you ignore a key factor, being in power is why the ISIS is doing what they are doing. They want to be in charge and thus they are using religion as the great excuse to get the ignorant masses behind them so the ignorant masses end up getting themselves killed, so the hand full of higher ups can enjoy the good life in which they are in charge and can extend their rule to others. It is about money and power, first and foremost Norm, with religion as a nice excuse to get others behind you. Now when you're doing making more silly statements, perhaps you'll show where Jesus or the apostles advocating taking over the world and installing a religious government in charge? My guess is you'll do that right after you tell us how you gained your magical mind reading powers to know who a 'lukewarm' Christian is and isn't.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Wrong Norm it is you who are purposely misunderstanding the Christian Faith. You don't want to admit that it is the extremists who are going against what the christian faith stands for.

folks I wonder why he would rather believe that you need to be evil to prove you are a true Christian why he is so insistent that you can't be if you aren't doing evil in the name of Jesus?

NORM
                  So Norm asserts that only those who do evil in the name of their religion are serious about it those who do good aren't. Showing his true colors he wants to believe evil of that which is not.

I wonder why? Is it because he doesn't want the TRUTH at All only the lie he can use to attack as being evil that which is not? From his posts that is what it looks like he is doing and wants.
                  Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-21-2014, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Go ahead, show where where Jesus or the apostles advocating taking over the world and establishing a religious theocracy.
                    Well, of course, I am assuming that you worship the entire Bible which includes the Tanakh (from which Jesus and Apostles quote frequently):

"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. 'Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, And the very ends of the earth as Your possession. 'You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall shatter them like earthenware.' - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topic....jftq3jph.dpuf - Psalms 2:7-12

For behold, the LORD will come in fire And His chariots like the whirlwind, To render His anger with fury, And His rebuke with flames of fire. For the LORD will execute judgment by fire And by His sword on all flesh, And those slain by the LORD will be many. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topic....jftq3jph.dpuf - Isaiah 66:15-16

"For behold, in those days and at that time, When I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat Then I will enter into judgment with them there On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; And they have divided up My land. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topic....jftq3jph.dpuf - Joel 3:1-2

Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, "I am a mighty man." Hasten and come, all you surrounding nations, And gather yourselves there Bring down, O LORD, Your mighty ones. Let the nations be aroused And come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat, For there I will sit to judge All the surrounding nations. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topic....jftq3jph.dpuf - Joel 3:10-16

"Therefore wait for Me," declares the LORD, "For the day when I rise up as a witness Indeed, My decision is to gather nations, To assemble kingdoms, To pour out on them My indignation, All My burning anger; For all the earth will be devoured By the fire of My zeal. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topic....jftq3jph.dpuf - Zephaniah 3:8
                    And now, the Christian Testament:

and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topic....jftq3jph.dpuf - 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10

for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topic....jftq3jph.dpuf - Revelation 16:14

And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topic....jftq3jph.dpuf - Revelation 19:11-21

"For there will be Great Tribulation such has not been since the beginning of the world until this time no, nor ever shall be. And UNLESS those days were shortened no flesh (living thing on Earth) would be saved" - Matthew 24:21-22
                    Shall I continue, or is that enough?

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    People have killed one another over all sorts of things Norm. WWII was not fought over religion and neither was WWI.
                    Well, we weren't talking about those situations, but one can make good arguments that the first world war was fought to keep Islamic powers from gaining ground in Europe. And WWII was not without it's Christian Triumphalistic overtones. Have you read Mein Kampf? Hitler based his Arian superiority claims on certain interpretations of the Bible.

I also see you ignore a key factor, being in power is why the ISIS is doing what they are doing.
                    They wish to establish a Caliphate in the Wilaya (former Ottoman Empire - a THEOCRACY).

"By guidance from our leadership, the leadership of the ISIS, favored by Allah, the brothers in the ISIS camps began drawing up precise plans to conquer the entire Wilaya and purge it of apostates. This blessed battle began by intelligence jihad by the special detachments whereby the apostates' weak areas were studied and then the military force entered the city of Mosul from several directions and by the grace of Allah took complete control of their headquarters, including the Ghazlani HQ, the operations command, the second division HQ, Badush and Tasfirat prisons, and the headquarters of the battalions and brigades. Thousands of prisoners were also released as well as some female prisoners, and the praise and grace is to Allah. And now there is complete control over all internal and external access points to the Wilaya and with Allah's permission this series of blessed incursions that delight the eyes of the monotheists shall not cease either till Allah fulfills his promise or we shall perish....the Mahdi will be the great Caliph, according to Muslim prophecy, he will bring peace to the world for 7 years, he will rule from Jerusalem, and become a global Muslim spiritual leader and ruler with a huge huge army. According to the prophecy, he will convert the whole world to Islam. The prophecy says Jesus will convert to Islam when the MAHDI comes.

Read more: http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat...#ixzz3B5GRpX3P
                    ...they are using religion as the great excuse...
                    No, they are quite serious about their religion. They murdered a colleague of mine (Photojournalist Jim Foley) to show how serious they are.

... so the hand full of higher ups can enjoy the good life in which they are in charge and can extend their rule to others.
                    What are you talking about???? These radical fundamentalists biggest gripe is the opulence of the Saudi Princes. ???? I thought you were military, LPOT? Are you stationed in the US. Have you not been to Iraq or Afghanistan and seen for yourself how these Islamic fundamentalists live? Have you not seen the living quarters of their highest leader, Usama bin Laden? They are not doing this for wealth or glory. They are doing this because they believe that Allah will reward them in the afterlife.

It is about money and power, first and foremost...
                    No, it is not! Is this what American Christians truly believe??? Wow! I think this reveals where you are coming from, and why my accusation of your lukewarm attitude hits home.

NORM

Comment

Well, of course, I am assuming that you worship the entire Bible which includes the Tanakh (from which Jesus and Apostles quote frequently):
                      Too bad Christians are not living under the old covenant, eh?
                      And now, the Christian Testament:
                      Sorry stupid, none of those are commandments to take over the world, but since I want to entertain myself and make you look stupid again, I'll cover them all!

"and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,"

Sorry, that is talking about Jesus coming down and establishing his kingdom moron, that isn't saying that we are to establish his kingdom RIGHT NOW! LEARN TO READ!

Next!

for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.

Revelation is not a book to be taken literal. I've already refuted this one and just screaming, "WAAA!!! IT CLEARLY SAYS THIS!" shows the rest of us how stupid you are and why we should laugh at you whenever you attempt to tell us what the Bible says. NEXT!

"For there will be Great Tribulation such has not been since the beginning of the world until this time no, nor ever shall be. And UNLESS those days were shortened no flesh (living thing on Earth) would be saved"

Not a command to take over the world still

Shall I continue, or is that enough?
                      Continue showing that you're an idiot? Do continue. I love to watch stupid people show everybody that they don't know what they are talking about. Go ahead Norm, please prove that ancient Christians took these as commandments to take over the world. Oh that's right, they didn't and you're just too stupid to figure it out. It's ok, I know you were a fundy before and still a fundy today, but gosh... you don't have to show how big of a fundy you really are. Keep digging, China isn't far off.

Well, we weren't talking about those situations, but one can make good arguments that the first world war was fought to keep Islamic powers from gaining ground in Europe. And WWII was not without it's Christian Triumphalistic overtones. Have you read Mein Kampf? Hitler based his Arian superiority claims on certain interpretations of the Bible.
                      They wish to establish a Caliphate in the Wilaya (former Ottoman Empire - a THEOCRACY).
                      That's nice and I'm sure getting themselves lots of money and power has nothing at all to do with them wanting to establish an Islamic government. Tell me Norm, how rich is the royal families of other Islamic states?

No, they are quite serious about their religion. They murdered a colleague of mine (Photojournalist Jim Foley) to show how serious they are.
                      And I suppose that it is impossible for governments, who are not religious driven, to murder people too? I suppose you have ignored the fact that many people can end up getting quite rich, by being in power, eh? Do you suppose that the Kings, Queens, and Emperors of world history did not have lots of money and power and anybody in charge of a government, with a precious natural resource (such as oil) wouldn't make themselves very rich and very powerful? You're as dumb as they come Norm, perhaps you should stop letting your hatred from religion drive you and start using that head of yours for something beyond a hat rack.

What are you talking about???? These radical fundamentalists biggest gripe is the opulence of the Saudi Princes. ???? I thought you were military, LPOT? Are you stationed in the US. Have you not been to Iraq or Afghanistan and seen for yourself how these Islamic fundamentalists live? Have you not seen the living quarters of their highest leader, Usama bin Laden? They are not doing this for wealth or glory. They are doing this because they believe that Allah will reward them in the afterlife.
                      And one of the gripes of Thomas Jefferson was that the federal government was gaining too much power and he ended up expanding the government power further than George Washington and John Adams did by doing things such as buying a large tract of land from the French Empire. When people are not in charge, they love to complain about the powers in charge and often fall right into the same trap right after they take over and live the same way they earlier complained about. Sorry Norm, but I'm not as stupid as you are, people who talk about a revolution and throwing out the powers in charge to establish themselves in charge, often end up doing the same sins they accused others of doing earlier, but often make excuses for their behavior when they are in charge. Do you not know your history that well Norm?

No, it is not! Is this what American Christians truly believe??? Wow! I think this reveals where you are coming from, and why my accusation of your lukewarm attitude hits home.
                      No, it is reality Norm and is backed up historically. Why is it that the revolutionaries of one time, end up being the tyrants of the next? The French people overthrew their king and only ended up with an Emperor that attempted to take over the entire world who lived with great wealth and power, while the common people lived with almost nothing. People love to complain about the powers in charge, until they are in charge and they have no issue with committing the same sins that the previous government did. I know you're hatred of religion is very strong, but there's a reason that Paul warned us about the love of money being the root of all evil. Mark my word, if they do get themselves in power, how long do you think it will take them to become the next, in a long line, of rulers who let the power and money go to their head? It has nothing to do with being 'lukewarm' idiot, it has to do with reality. Try it sometime instead of letting your hatred take control.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Well, we weren't talking about those situations, but one can make good arguments that the first world war was fought to keep Islamic powers from gaining ground in Europe.
                        Pfhlltttt. You mean the Ottomans? The Ottomans whose ultimate destruction was a result of World War I? The Ottomans who voluntarily decided to sign up with the Central Powers in order to get a chance to fight against the Russians?

Originally posted by William L. Cleveland and Martin Bunton
                        The assassination of Austrian Archduke Ferdinand in Sarajevo on June 28, 1914 led to Austria's invasion of Serbia. The Austrian invasion activated the European alliance system, and by August the Continent was at war.
                        In other words, the War started on the Continent and was confined to the Continent. If you want to go back a few steps before the assassination of Ferdinand, we can discuss the massive alliance system: Britain, France, and ultimately Russia vs. Germany and Austria-Hungary. The Ottomans only joined the Central Powers after the war begun to get at Russia. We've got Germany in this corner decided that they're the Greatest Country in the World and should have a navy on par with England's. England doesn't like that. France then become a natural alliance for England. Austria-Hungary has its eyes fixed on Yugoslavia (iirc) and Russia doesn't like that. I don't think imperialism and nationalism are quite the same thing as religious war.

Originally posted by William L. Cleveland and Martin Bunton
                        On August 2, 1914, Enver concluded a secret Ottoman-German alliance against Russia; the alliance was activated on October 29, when the Ottoman fleet bombarded several Russian ports on the Black Sea.

Oh looky there, half of Europe is allied with an Islamic power.

Or wait, are you talking about Iran, which did not even have control of itself because Russia and England had a nice little control system over it? Or Egypt...Also under Britain's thumb already.

Nationalism. Nationalism is what you're looking for (and a complicated system of alliances and German arrogance and Russian greed and...well, there's a lot there.)

I'll have to make a separate WWII post later. I can't even.

ETA: My primary source tonight is A History of the Modern Middle East by authors quoted above. I think I sold off my Russian history book and my Nazi Germany books already.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

• Good job TWA (do you mind if I call you that?), but you're using evidence and facts. Things Norm is not accustomed to using because his raging hatred of Christianity gets in the way. Don't worry, soon enough Norm will too accuse you of being a 'lukewarm Christian' for daring to prove him wrong. Anyway, while we are waiting for Norm to finish picking up his prescription for his Thoraine, here is a new game to play called 'spot the contradiction'. Can you spot the contradiction?

Norm says a 'True Christian' is plotting to take over the world in order to establish a 'Christian kingdom':

Originally posted by NormATive View Post
                          Not a lie. You don't take your religion seriously. If you did, you wouldn't be wasting your time on an Internet forum. You would instead be out in the street protesting and organizing to take over America as a religious theocracy - just like the jihadists are doing with Islam.
                          Yet, we find this little conversation later on and to give the context, here is the question he was asked:

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                          So at the time when you were a "true christian" and I do hope you did the following or I guess you're just a hypocrite:
                          Live by the sword?
                          Try to take over the world with your "true christian" charisma?
                          I could make the list longer if I have to.
                          And his response was:

No, I just thought the Bible was literally true. That's what people had told me. They were wrong. I was willing to die for my faith if that's what it took.
                          So was Norm a 'True Christian', following the logic he has set up here for the rest of us to follow?

Another one? Sure. Here is Norm on who is an extremist:

Chuckle! I think an anger management course would do you well. Obviously, I've nicked your Achilles Heel.

You are providing me with ample material for my next book about religious and political extremists.
                          Yet, now he says:

So am I an 'extremist' or am whatever is convenient for Norm to call me, at that moment?

Another fun one when asked about what he expects Christians to act like:

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                          John 13:35New International Version - UK (NIVUK)

35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.’

In your mind I'm gonna guess this means Christians should be doormats based on your track record.
                          he says:

Not at all. Just civil.
                          Yet, it doesn't take long to find Norm saying things like:

I don't hate Christians. I don't hate you - I don't even know you. You are probably a 14 year old, pimply-faced kid sneaking on his Mom's computer. And I won't tire of proving you wrong.

Sorry.
                          Or another insult:

No, you misunderstand. You and Rummy are the lukewarm Christians who have watered down the gospel to fit your modern, secular lifestyle.
                          So he why does he want people to be civil, when he can't be civil himself?

Over all, what we find is a two timing hypocrite, who doesn't follow his own rules and standards, and just ends up making himself look foolish. This is what bitterness and hatefulness turns you into. Remember, don't let this become you. Drop fundy thinking before you turn into a fundy atheist and let your bitterness take over your life!
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Good job TWA (do you mind if I call you that?), but you're using evidence and facts. Things Norm is not accustomed to using because his raging hatred of Christianity gets in the way. Don't worry, soon enough Norm will too accuse you of being a 'lukewarm Christian' for daring to prove him wrong. Anyway, while we are waiting for Norm to finish picking up his prescription for his Thoraine, here is a new game to play called 'spot the contradiction'. Can you spot the contradiction?

Norm says a 'True Christian' is plotting to take over the world in order to establish a 'Christian kingdom':

Yet, we find this little conversation later on and to give the context, here is the question he was asked:

And his response was:

So was Norm a 'True Christian', following the logic he has set up here for the rest of us to follow?

Another one? Sure. Here is Norm on who is an extremist:

Yet, now he says:

So am I an 'extremist' or am whatever is convenient for Norm to call me, at that moment?

Another fun one when asked about what he expects Christians to act like:

he says:

Yet, it doesn't take long to find Norm saying things like:

Or another insult:

So he why does he want people to be civil, when he can't be civil himself?

Over all, what we find is a two timing hypocrite, who doesn't follow his own rules and standards, and just ends up making himself look foolish. This is what bitterness and hatefulness turns you into. Remember, don't let this become you. Drop fundy thinking before you turn into a fundy atheist and let your bitterness take over your life!
                            Did you work on that all day? Must be nice to be able to lounge on the Web all day. Shouldn't you be out saving souls? Oh, I forgot; that's "not your job." You're one of those "living under grace" Christians. No muss, no fuss religion.

NORM

Comment

Did you work on that all day?
                              It actually took about 15-20 minutes at the most. Is that how long it took you to dig up your badly out of context Bible verses? Well, I guess for a person that struggles to tie his own shoes in under an hour or has to remind himself to open doors before he tries to walk though them, that is quite an accomplishment. Too bad for those of us who are able to read and write at a college level; it really isn't that hard to dig up examples of your hypocrisy, double standards, and contradictions. What's the problem, unable to refute it so you dive right into ad hominem's?
                              Must be nice to be able to lounge on the Web all day. Shouldn't you be out saving souls? Oh, I forgot; that's "not your job." You're one of those "living under grace" Christians. No muss, no fuss religion.
                              Yep, drive right into ad hominems again. Guess when you don't want to face up to examples of you being a hypocrite, creating double standards, and contradicting yourself all the time. Just call people lots of names and really hope that all the mud you sling might stick. Thank you, for being a perfect example of what hate and bigotry turn a person into. You're doing my side a load of service just by being you. Thanks for all the help. Couldn't do it without you.

BTW it took me 5 minutes to read your post, hit the reply button, and type out this entire post. Are you that amazed that somebody could work on a post in under a day and a half?
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Anyway, now that you are done with your foaming at the mouth ranting, you still haven't answered answered any of my points:

1. How could you say you were a 'true Christian', when you were not planning Jihad against your government, while you were a Christian, but yet claim I and other Christians here are not 'true Christians' for not plotting Jihad against our government?

2. Am I an extremist or am I not an extremist? You seem to be unable to come up with what you think I might be, at any given time. Can you please make up your mind on what you think I am and try to stick with it that time?

3. Why do you demand other people act civil when you refuse to act civil yourself? IE accusing every Christian, on tWeb, as being 'lukewarm Christians' when you have not a clue what any of us do outside of tWeb. You just assume you know.

4. How could WWI be about keeping Islam out of Europe when the German and Australian-Hungerian Empire was allied with the Ottoman Empire?

5. How could the Nazi's be 'good Christians' when they attempted to brain wash the German people into following a version of Christianity that was not Orthodox and took steps to purge Germany of Orthodoxy Christianity? IE imprisoning any member of the clergy that didn't go along with the Nazi views, closed down Christian ran schools, attempted to close down church's, attempted to regulate churches, threw several members of the clergy into concentration camps, etc.

6. How could you say that the Jihidist have such issues with living in wealth and power, when history examples show that those who complained about the powers in charge, ended up being the same way they earlier condemned? How could you possibility know that as soon as they establish their theocracy, they will not fall into the same trap that those before them did? You don't, but how that makes me a 'lukewarm Christian' for noticing historical reality and questioning the purity of why somebody is doing what they claim to be doing it for seems to be beyond your mental capacity. Yeah, I suppose gaining control over one of the most oil rich nations on earth will not at all affect their wealth and power nor be a tempting allure after they succeed at their goals.

These are 6 of the questions you've dodged from this page alone. Keep digging, China should be coming up any moment now.

BTW, these two post took me 20 minutes total to think of, write, and post. So much for your claim that these post take me 'all day' to write.
                                Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 08-23-2014, 08:52 AM.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment