Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What If The Shoe Was On The Other Foot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If The Shoe Was On The Other Foot?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...g-fights-back/

A newspaper editor has filed a discrimination complaint with the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against his former employer, claiming that he was wrongfully terminated for penning a personal blog post about homosexuality and the Bible.
    Journalist (Liberty Institute)

Journalist Bob Eschliman was fired from his position over a controversial blog post he wrote (Liberty Institute)

Bob Eschliman, 41, the former editor-in-chief of the Newton Daily News in Newton, Iowa, is arguing that he was illegally fired May 5 from his position at the newspaper, which is owned by Shaw Media, for publicly sharing his religious beliefs.
    So what if this was a gay editor writing on his personal blog and supporting gay marriage or arguing that homosexuality was biblically acceptable. What if his company fire him because of that opinion - would the liberals be howling injustice?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

This is a war over who gets to define truth.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      This is a war over who gets to define truth.
      Yes and who we get to punish for holding contrary views. What happen to the old liberal line - "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it?" That was always a lie.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes."
        -- Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Yes and who we get to punish for holding contrary views. What happen to the old liberal line - "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it?" That was always a lie.
          It may not have always been a lie, but it sure has been for the past several years.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            It may not have always been a lie, but it sure has been for the past several years.
            This. I think it was once very much what people strove for. But now it's "Fight for your right to say it if I agree with you, and fight to censor you if I don't".

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              True...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Templar View Post
                This. I think it was once very much what people strove for. But now it's "Fight for your right to say it if I agree with you, and fight to censor you if I don't".
                Amen...

Comment

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...g-fights-back/
                  So what if this was a gay editor writing on his personal blog and supporting gay marriage or arguing that homosexuality was biblically acceptable. What if his company fire him because of that opinion - would the liberals be howling injustice?
                  It looks as if the proprietor does not want his newspaper associated with extremely offensive homophobic language like “Gaystapo”. Seems fair to me.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

If you think Gaystapo is "horribly offensive" you've obviously been living in a bubble.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      It looks as if the proprietor does not want his newspaper associated with extremely offensive homophobic language like “Gaystapo”. Seems fair to me.
                      Well to me, what he said was very accurate. And exactly what we have seen from the homosexual left.

Comment

Yeah, I think when the liberals were fighting for recognition and "equality" and "tolerance", they were quite keen on "tolerance".... but when THEY hold the majority, or the power of the press, it's SQUASH THE OPPOSITION LIKE A BUG!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well to me, what he said was very accurate. And exactly what we have seen from the homosexual left.
                          I must've missed that part when supporters of gay rights formed a regime that rounded people up, sent them to concentration camps, performed cruel and inhumane experiments on them, and systematically exterminated them, based on nothing more than their innate identity.
                          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            ... homophobic ...
                            If you are offended by people using terms like the N word, or any other slur, then you have no ground to stand on by using a slur like this one. It is not even a real phobia. This term is offensive to me and those who believe like me.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                              I must've missed that part when supporters of gay rights formed a regime that rounded people up, sent them to concentration camps, performed cruel and inhumane experiments on them, and systematically exterminated them, based on nothing more than their innate identity.
                              Why must people be killed for something to be unacceptable?
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment