Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

ISIS destroys the "Tomb of Jonah"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I agree with Abraham Lincoln who said, "To hell with Iran, Iraq and the rest of those idiots. Let's just nuke the whole middle east into a glass parking lot."

Comment

Lake Afghanistan.

Comment

Guilt by association to the Muslim Brotherhood which was designated as a terrorist organization: https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...ouse-bill/5194

As for your "crush" comment, that's immature and I'll leave it at that. Lastly I never condoned Israel's treatment of Palestinians in areas such as Gaza but as the old adage goes, two wrongs don't make a right so they don't get a pass with "you murdered our innocent so we get to murder yours", one is every bit at fault as the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I thought the Saudis and the UAE were helping to bomb and iradicate ISIS.
          This thread is over 2 months old...they weren't doing anything at the time...Glad to see them coming on board!
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by That Geek 5410 View Post
            Guilt by association ...
            Is wrong. Full stop. Clue. Get one.

As to your warm-hearted request for membership on my quick-scrolling list, nope. Not yet. I'm not done playing with you. I don't often get a chance to examine someone capable of swallowing a full Godwin.

You're a rare breed, Geek.

As ever, Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
              Is wrong. Full stop. Clue. Get one.

As to your warm-hearted request for membership on my quick-scrolling list, nope. Not yet. I'm not done playing with you. I don't often get a chance to examine someone capable of swallowing a full Godwin.

You're a rare breed, Geek.

As ever, Jesse
              I've provided strong and honestly damning evidence... you've given me nothing more than because you say so. Convince me otherwise, what evidence do you have to the contrary?

Comment

I am, however, quite familiar with Mr. Horowitz. Unlike our uncritical Geek, I am entirely certain you are capable of correcting that lack.
                I am indeed, though as he seems unlikely to be someone I'll rely on for support, I may not invest much time in that.
                Yet, again, because I can count, for purely demographic reasons, I don't believe their current path has any real chance of success in securing a Jewish homeland. They have sabotaged every attempt at a two-state solution, and if there is no two-state solution, then there will be a one-state solution, and the numbers say that state will be Arab.
                It would help if either side were at all interested in a two-state solution. I agree that the numbers are entirely on the Arab side.
                I might also point out what seems an obvious fact to me. The Gazan tunnels, like those built under Saigon, were an inevitable and entirely predictable response to sustained air campaigns. A government, any government, has and always will have defense from foreign attack as its first priority, independent of its moral rectitude.
                The air campaigns have hardly been sustained, and have only come in response to unprovoked missile fire. Far from protecting its civilians from foreign attack, Hamas deliberately exposes its civilians to counter-fire; it makes for good propaganda.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I am indeed, though as he seems unlikely to be someone I'll rely on for support, I may not invest much time in that.
                  I know what you mean. Lot of good books I haven't read yet either.

It would help if either side were at all interested in a two-state solution. I agree that the numbers are entirely on the Arab side.
                  I'm nearly always dazzled at the Palestinians' ability to shoot themselves in their own feet. I'm more surprised by the Israeli side, though, because they're in a better position to think strategically.

The air campaigns have hardly been sustained, and have only come in response to unprovoked missile fire. Far from protecting its civilians from foreign attack, Hamas deliberately exposes its civilians to counter-fire; it makes for good propaganda.
                  Sustained for years, albeit intermittently. There's provocation aplenty, but sufficient for willy-nilly missile fire? Meh, not so much, though it does speak strongly of a desperation that annuls strategic decision-making. I saw a sad graphic the other day, though, with a memorable caption, along the lines of "Which is worse, hiding behind human shields, or shooting through them?"

Moral ambiguity ftw.

So, what do you think of our newb? Should we let him keep running around with scissors?

As ever, Jesse

Comment

I've provided strong and honestly damning evidence... you've given me nothing more than because you say so. Convince me otherwise, what evidence do you have to the contrary?
                    I should have offered up Jim, not Bob.

Comment

I should have offered up Jim, not Bob.
                      As much as I suspected... I'm done speaking to you.

Comment

As much as I suspected... I'm done speaking to you.
                        Sorry, was he a relative?

Comment

So, what do you think of our newb? Should we let him keep running around with scissors?

As ever, Jesse
                          The only thing he's likely to get hurt is his ego.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I think I agree with Abraham Lincoln who said, "To hell with Iran, Iraq and the rest of those idiots. Let's just nuke the whole middle east into a glass parking lot."
                            I coulda sworn that was Thomas Jefferson right after the Alamo

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I coulda sworn that was Thomas Jefferson right after the Alamo
                              Same person.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                The only thing he's likely to get hurt is his ego.
                                How so?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X