Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Five Israeli talking points, debunked".... Interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I vote to move the UN to Somalia.
    What do you have against the Somali people?
    Last edited by seer; 08-01-2014, 01:46 PM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      No, no, it's a sign of his respect...

That, and he expects the UN to be destroyed within a half hour of its first meeting... If it gets that far...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Source: the stated article

The United Nations slammed Israel for possibly committing war crimes in its fight against Hamas — and then backed that accusation by suggesting the Jewish nation ought to be sharing its Iron Dome defensive technology with the very terror group it’s fighting.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz39AKrCzT0
        Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

© Copyright Original Source

But think of all that the UN has accomplished!
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

<crickets>
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Apparently the job requirements to be the High Poohbah of some UN committee is not very great.

I think I will run for Great High Commissioner, His Lordship of Sea Transportation and Trade. It will take quite a while before they realize I am a pirate. And then they will probably give me a promotion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              Yeah, they have the record for the highest number of unpaid parking tickets and traffic citations in New York City. I guess they can't be ALL bad.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Black Hawk Down.

OK, how bout Mosul, Iraq.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I say often, US out of UN and UN out of US. Been saying that for years.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    It will take quite a while before they realize I am a pirate. And then they will probably give me a promotion.
                    Pirate? Perfect for the Human Rights Commission.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Are these people nuts?

U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz39ABUTWZl
                      And thus the UN becomes more and more irrelevant as time goes on...

Yep share your best defensive measures against an enemy that is determined to kill and drive your country into the sea. What's next, will they demand that the US hand over nukes to Iran and North Korea?
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        And thus the UN becomes more and more irrelevant as time goes on...

Yep share your best defensive measures against an enemy that is determined to kill and drive your country into the sea. What's next, will they demand that the US hand over nukes to Iran and North Korea?
                        That's apparently not exactly what is meant here. The idea is that a number of Hamas' rockets fall short of their targets and end up hitting Palestinian civilians; the suggestion is that Iron Dome could destroy these rockets as well. It's stupid, yes, even very stupid, but not THAT stupid.
                        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                          That's apparently not exactly what is meant here. The idea is that a number of Hamas' rockets fall short of their targets and end up hitting Palestinian civilians; the suggestion is that Iron Dome could destroy these rockets as well. It's stupid, yes, even very stupid, but not THAT stupid.
                          Considering that Hamas could care less about their civilians, encourages them to become human shields, and have broken every agreement they have ever made (yeah, like they would use these technology toys to protect their own citizens). Yeah, it is about that stupid. Why would Israel hand over any technology to an enemy that has said they plan on killing every last man, women, and child in Israel, if it is the last thing they ever do?
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Considering that Hamas could care less about their civilians, encourages them to become human shields, and have broken every agreement they have ever made (yeah, like they would use these technology toys to protect their own citizens). Yeah, it is about that stupid. Why would Israel hand over any technology to an enemy that has said they plan on killing every last man, women, and child in Israel, if it is the last thing they ever do?
                            Iron Dome doesn't really have any other uses besides shooting down Hamas' rockets. It can't stop artillery shells or planes on bombing runs.

In any case, almost certainly impossible for the Iron Dome to target and destroy a misfiring rocket before it lands back in Gaza.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                              Iron Dome doesn't really have any other uses besides shooting down Hamas' rockets. It can't stop artillery shells or planes on bombing runs.
                              And do you think Hamas would:

A. Employee them to protect civilians.
                              B. Employee them to protect their own launch sites, tunnel's, command centers, etc

I'd vote for B myself. A better option would be for the UN to stop making divine judgments and actually do something about terrorist groups, such as Hamas, who want to kill lots and lots of people to begin with. The UN will not bother to do this and thus it becomes more and more ineffective, just like the league of nations that came before it.

In any case, almost certainly impossible for the Iron Dome to target and destroy a misfiring rocket before it lands back in Gaza.
                              And they would not bother to do that anyway because one would have to assume that they actually cared about the population under their control. It is clear they do not or they wouldn't be launching attacks against Israel and telling the population to stay put so they could use them as human shields.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And do you think Hamas would:

A. Employee them to protect civilians.
                                B. Employee them to protect their own launch sites, tunnel's, command centers, etc

I'd vote for B myself. A better option would be for the UN to stop making divine judgments and actually do something about terrorist groups, such as Hamas, who want to kill lots and lots of people to begin with. The UN will not bother to do this and thus it becomes more and more ineffective, just like the league of nations that came before it.

And they would not bother to do that anyway because one would have to assume that they actually cared about the population under their control. It is clear they do not or they wouldn't be launching attacks against Israel and telling the population to stay put so they could use them as human shields.
                                my whole point was that we have no reason to expect Hamas would be able to use Iron Dome even if they wanted to. It's fine to make fun of the UN, just don't make yourself look like an idiot when you do it.

Comment