Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amerika's global Midas touch

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    At least he knows how to spell offense.
    That would depend on which part of the world you live in.
    και εκζητησατε με και ευρησετε με οτι ζητησετε με εν ολη καρδία υμων

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    That would depend on which part of the world you live in.
    You gotta be kidding --- you guys spell THAT one wrong, TOO!?!?!?!

Besides, no matter which country he lives in, BTC can still spell!

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You gotta be kidding --- you guys spell THAT one wrong, TOO!?!?!?!

Besides, no matter which country he lives in, BTC can still spell!
    Ferigners. Gotta love em despite their faults.

I'm always still in trouble again

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    How about you link me to a source or at least cite some source for this. The burden is on you to do this, and show me where tens of thousands of innocent Christians were being slaughtered or displaced as a result.
    Source: http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/general/articles/officestrategicservices.aspx

Probably the last work done by the OSS in Asia was making contact with and arranging to help the Viet Minh, under Ho Chi Minh, fight the Japanese occupying Vietnam. The war ended before much could come of this.

© Copyright Original Source

I'm sure you know how Ho Chi Minh turned out...

Excellent documentary exposing Ho Chi Minh for the genocidal communist he was. Especially from the 5th part of the playlist and onward, interesting details around Ho Chi Minh´s role in the killing of Vietnamese patriots and Christians and collaboration with the French colonial power to this end in the 50s. The documentary also sheds light on the brutal land reforms and public execution of specific percentages of the villagers as "class enemies".
    The nightmare of the Tet massacres and the massive persecution of Christians and patriotic separatists is also highlighted, although only in passing.

In the meantime, it's STILL not the same. First of all, it seems you're implying that our current situation is somehow justified just because of something that happened in history... it's not.
    I am not implying that. I am implying that arming guerillas is not new territory for the US, nor is the result that those guerillas frequently become our enemies later on.

Secondly, these US created, funded and armed groups didn't attack us on our own soil (just a little more than a decade ago in fact!)
    Depends on whether you consider US Embassies "US soil"

which contributed to some of the most grossly unconstitutional policies we're seeing today (and continue to see) in the name of protecting us from these groups.
    Such as?

We're arming and funding a present enemy concurrently with policies being passed to "protect" us from said enemy.
    Who are we funding and why?

Nothing in history is relative to that insanity. From what I understand, this is the definition of treason.
    No it isn't. Not even loosely...

Being a paid toady of the government, I'm sure you're cognizant of this offence.
    And that's why I know it isn't even vaguely similar.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Seems to me that there is still a difference. Those groups didn't have a demonstrated intention to kill Americans (and anyone else they disagree with) off before they were given assistance.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Seems to me that there is still a difference. Those groups didn't have a demonstrated intention to kill Americans (and anyone else they disagree with) off before they were given assistance.
    They did demonstrate the intention to kill their enemies. They were called "The Men in Black", and Ho played the US and Britain like a mandolin.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    ]

And that's why I know it isn't even vaguely similar.
    No, you're justifying it because you're a paid government toady. It's remarkable that you're argument is that history is the same as our present situation, but I understand why you can't deal with the situation happening now... it's called cognitive dissonance, and I'm sure it's extremely uncomfortable for you. Not only does history not justify what's happening now, as I said before, but they aren't even similar situations. Arming and assisting a PRESENT enemy is treason.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    No, you're justifying it because you're a paid government toady.
    You and your conspiracy theories are amusing to me.

It's remarkable that you're argument is that history is the same as our present situation,
    It's remarkable that you have to exaggerate the differences while completely misrepresenting what I said. My whole point is that the US has a history of arming guerillas that turn against us when we have outlived our usefulness to them.

but I understand why you can't deal with the situation happening now... it's called cognitive dissonance, and I'm sure it's extremely uncomfortable for you.
    It's called understanding war, which you obviously can't do from that ivory tower you spend all day in.

Not only does history not justify what's happening now, as I said before, but they aren't even similar situations. Arming and assisting a PRESENT enemy is treason.
    What present enemy are we arming and why?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What present enemy are we arming and why?
    He might be referring to things like these.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-defe...rocket-caches/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ming-rep-says/

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Those are not instances of the US arming Hamas. The US money is earmarked for humanitarian and refugee purposes. Sean made a claim that the US was committing treason by arming our enemies. I'd like to see him support that claim with some hard evidence.