Announcement

Collapse

World History 201 Guidelines

Welcome to World History 201.

Find out if Caesar crossed the Rubicon or threw a dollar across it.

This is the forum where world history, in general, can be discussed. Since the WH201, like the other fora in the World History department, is not limited to participation along lines of theology, all may post here.

Please keep the Campus Decorum in mind when posting here--while 'belief' restrictions are not in place, common decency is.

The Tweb rules are in force . . . we're watching you.
Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Amerika's global Midas touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    Seems to me that there is still a difference. Those groups didn't have a demonstrated intention to kill Americans (and anyone else they disagree with) off before they were given assistance.
    They did demonstrate the intention to kill their enemies. They were called "The Men in Black", and Ho played the US and Britain like a mandolin.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      ]

And that's why I know it isn't even vaguely similar.
      No, you're justifying it because you're a paid government toady. It's remarkable that you're argument is that history is the same as our present situation, but I understand why you can't deal with the situation happening now... it's called cognitive dissonance, and I'm sure it's extremely uncomfortable for you. Not only does history not justify what's happening now, as I said before, but they aren't even similar situations. Arming and assisting a PRESENT enemy is treason.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        No, you're justifying it because you're a paid government toady.
        You and your conspiracy theories are amusing to me.

It's remarkable that you're argument is that history is the same as our present situation,
        It's remarkable that you have to exaggerate the differences while completely misrepresenting what I said. My whole point is that the US has a history of arming guerillas that turn against us when we have outlived our usefulness to them.

but I understand why you can't deal with the situation happening now... it's called cognitive dissonance, and I'm sure it's extremely uncomfortable for you.
        It's called understanding war, which you obviously can't do from that ivory tower you spend all day in.

Not only does history not justify what's happening now, as I said before, but they aren't even similar situations. Arming and assisting a PRESENT enemy is treason.
        What present enemy are we arming and why?
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

He might be referring to things like these.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-defe...rocket-caches/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ming-rep-says/
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Those are not instances of the US arming Hamas. The US money is earmarked for humanitarian and refugee purposes. Sean made a claim that the US was committing treason by arming our enemies. I'd like to see him support that claim with some hard evidence.
            That's what
            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              You and your conspiracy theories are amusing to me.

It's remarkable that you have to exaggerate the differences while completely misrepresenting what I said. My whole point is that the US has a history of arming guerillas that turn against us when we have outlived our usefulness to them.

It's called understanding war, which you obviously can't do from that ivory tower you spend all day in.

Cognitive dissonance is not a conspiracy theory lol. It's a psychological way of dealing with a conflict. You work for government (and from what I understand, military aspects of government), so it's a psychological conflict for you to criticize or find fault in the fact that government is assisting, funding and arming the very same enemy that orchestrated 911. It's also known as bias. Bias is not a conspiracy theory, stupid.

Whether there are historical similarities or not is not the point of the thread, so your point is irrelevant to the thread. Just because it happened in the past doesn't matter because it doesn't justify it happening now. It wasn't excusable then and it isn't excusable now. So attempting to point out where it happened before is moot.

It has been thoroughly covered in the OP.

Comment

It's also known as bias. Bias is not a conspiracy theory, stupid.
                You mean like starting a thread and purposely misspelling America in the Title?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  And your point is what?

Comment

And your point is what?
                    You're biased. The pot calling the kettle black. The dog who ate his homew.... um.... you're biased!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You're biased. The pot calling the kettle black. The dog who ate his homew.... um.... you're biased!
                      It’s a political statement about the present shape America is in. It's not the same thing as having blind loyalty and/or bias in favor of American military policy because I’m employed by its government. It’s not even in the same ballpark.

Comment

It’s a political statement about the present shape America is in. It's not the same thing as having blind loyalty and/or bias in favor of American military policy because I’m employed by its government. It’s not even in the same ballpark.
                        Is so -- you're a pinko commie liberal and it shows in your titling! (Do you REALLY think anybody takes your crap seriously, Sean?)

Comment

Depends on which part of the (non English speaking) world you're in.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Is so -- you're a pinko commie liberal and it shows in your titling! (Do you REALLY think anybody takes your crap seriously, Sean?)
                            Apparently you do because you keep responding

I backed up why I believe America is in that shape with much documented information in the OP. I don't think you would disagree that America is presently in bad shape in regards to its current international relations and dealings (in fact, I remember you started a thread with similar subject matter). So, if I have bias, it's justified with facts.

Comment

Depends on which part of the (non English speaking) world you're in.

Comment

Apparently you do because you keep responding
                                It's a glaring fault of mine -- I also responded to Mickiel.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X