Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

The Weight Loss Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot about this thread. Twenty-four pounds.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I used to be a competitive swimmer Freshman year in high school and started long-distance running in graduate school (13 miles), but then got married, a very stressful job, and fat and eventually had to have major foot surgery, which meant I could not run any more so I got even fatter. Finally decided to get back into shape. Started eating right, doing killer work-outs, and started working on long-distance swimming. I'm now up to swimming five miles continuous (ie, without stopping) when I have the time for a long work-out, which is equivalent to about 21 miles of running. Lost 70 lbs since the beginning of the year and am now in the lower half of the ideal weight range for my height and age. It really feels wonderful to be in shape again!
      אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

My pants are falling off, literally. Haven't weighed in a while, but I must be losing something.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I lost a size and a half recently. I don't really want it back.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Okay, so I added a fringe to the lower hem of a shirt a couple months back. It form fitted then (which I did not like). Wore it yesterday and it was loose - like a few inches loose. It couldn't have stretched - the fringe still lays properly. But I didn't do anything that should have started me losing again, either.

Not that I'm complaining...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Twenty eight pounds.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Congrats!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Since I started my job about 3.5 years ago, I've lost about 30-40 pounds. Before, I used to weigh around 250-260, now I'm in the 220-230 range. Even my doctor noticed I had lost weight.
                  Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Fantastic job, CV!
                    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Bought a new pair of jeans today.... three sizes smaller!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Al---riiiiggghhht Teal!
                        3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Thanks...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

YEA TEAL!

On the plus side: No more Maternity Pants for me :) They All have something called "Slippage. And Too far" I now wear All regular women's sized pants and shirts. Product of Legit Diet and exercise.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Cath!

I'm in the awkward not small enough for the next size down but the size above wants to fall off..

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                Cath!

I'm in the awkward not small enough for the next size down but the size above wants to fall off..
                                That happens about every two weeks. I'm between a size right now, stretch pants aren't an issue, (gotta love the mama belly) and definately three sizes down in my swimsuit (bottom only,) ( grr) waiting for the top to follow.
                                On the plus side, I went swimming yesterday, like really went swimming for about 45 minutes. While it was "challenging" The water felt so good over just about every muscle I have.
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X