Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Word of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word of the Day

I don't know what to do. I understand Lazy Agnostic volunteered to run the Word of the Day thread. And maybe I'm wrong about WotD belonging in the rec room forum.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

I seize this thread to urge people to strike a blow against sesquipedalianism!

And please allow me to attach and serve this notice:
    Only when I receive a panicky message from Dee Dee Warren, along the lines of this passage: "I can't bear the pressure from the public any more. Please, please return to running the Word of the Day thread! If you would I would be eternally grateful. DDW."

I do fancy the phrase "back by popular demand."
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment