Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Guardians of the Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am Groot!

I love Groot.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I am convinced. When it comes out on DVD I will watch it.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I just saw it; great movie. Drax the Destroyer was hilarious.
        fify

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          fify
          Ah, right. Sorry. I thought I was getting his name wrong. All through the movie I just thought of him as "the big dude" anyway.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

This was ...interesting. Giant gaping plot holes though.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Disregard those. My wife, who knows almost nothing about Marvel Comics, enjoyed it when we watched it this past weekend.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I loved it. Marvel does a lot better job at movies than DC does.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I loved it. Marvel does a lot better job at movies than DC does.
                  Yup, but DC does a better job at straight to DVD animation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    Yup, but DC does a better job at straight to DVD animation.
                    I dunno man...Planet Hulk.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                      I dunno man...Planet Hulk.
                      One I didn't get to see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        That is not hard to believe, eh?
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy. While I could by no means argue that it's a Christian movie, the theme of self-sacrificial love recurs often enough in the narrative to make me feel vindicated in my worldview.

Chris Pratt brilliantly tied the film together with his charm.

Sequel in 2017. Good thing there's Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War and Doctor Strange to hold me over until then.

Comment

"Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I will catch it."
                            "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                            -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X