Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Great New AronRa video, Evolution is a fact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    Speaking of a microgram of evidence opposed to 30 metric tonnes of flaws - how's the whole YEC interpretation of the creation account (Genesis 1, contrasting Genesis 2) working out for you? Does the 12 hour day, evening to morning really stack up? Shouldn't it be morning to evening? Evening to morning is after all, a night, not a day. And how does YEC reconcile the Genesis 1 account of separate days for the creation of plants, animals, and man with the Genesis 2 account of "the day in which all of those were created." It must be quite a difficult task trying to make a natural reading of Genesis fit with a 6 day creation.
    Nope, not difficult at all (piece of cake, actually). All it takes is an honest reading of God's Word employing time-tested, historical-grammatical exegesis/hermeneutics. It is, rather, the Theistic Evolutionist/Old Age Theist that must exercise innumerable contortions and distortions of Scripture in order to make the narrative fit with their worldview.

Sorry to disappoint.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I have noticed that you are just as big a troll as Jorge is. Congratulations.
      "Troll"?

Why don't you send yourself a reprimand/warning, Hypocrite!

Jorge

Comment

I have noticed that you are just as big a troll as Jorge is. Congratulations.
        Hmm...

What was "trolling" about my post?

I asked Jorge a simple and important question. Consilience is the ultimate stake-in-the-heart of YEC and anti-evolutionism. I want to make sure he understands that meaning of that word.

I also made a comment/conjecture about Jorge's apparent new subject of projection.

Do anti-evolutionists call questioning trolling?

Does calling someone a "troll" end a debate like calling someone a "racist" or a "homophobe"?

Apparently so...

This "debate" gets more interesting to me day after day.

The way you guys squirm and project would make a fascinating topic for a psychology or logic dissertation.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          "Troll"?

Why don't you send yourself a reprimand/warning, Hypocrite!

Jorge
          Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
          Hmm...

What was "trolling" about my post?

I asked Jorge a simple and important question. Consilience is the ultimate stake-in-the-heart of YEC and anti-evolutionism. I want to make sure he understands that meaning of that word.

I also made a comment/conjecture about Jorge's apparent new subject of projection.

Do anti-evolutionists call questioning trolling?

Does calling someone a "troll" end a debate like calling someone a "racist" or a "homophobe"?

Apparently so...

This "debate" gets more interesting to me day after day.

The way you guys squirm and project would make a fascinating topic for a psychology or logic dissertation.

K54
          See? almost the exact same response. and a nice troll too by the way.

Comment

hmm. The both question being called trolls. They both think you calling them a troll is a sign you aren't quite getting it.

But Jorge just calls you a name and leaves.

Klaus asks questions that I think he hopes will cause you to question your conclusion.

And that is a very big difference I think. For Jorge, he's right, you are wrong no justification needed. For Klaus, there needs to be some support for your conclusion or his. Therefore he puts forth comments that illustrate why he thinks you are wrong. If you could answer those, justify your position, he might be willing to reconsider his own position. Not so Jorge. Nothing and no-one can ever breach his surety on these issues. And even that is a element of pride for Him, for he thinks by being immovable and unconvincable, by not giving any real pause to consider if he might be wrong, he is being faithful to God.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              hmm. The both question being called trolls. They both think you calling them a troll is a sign you aren't quite getting it.

Klaus asks questions that I think he hopes will cause you to question your conclusion.

And that is a very big difference I think. For Jorge, he's right, you are wrong no justification needed. For Klaus, there needs to be some support for your conclusion or his. Therefore he puts forth comments that illustrate why he thinks you are wrong. If you could answer those, justify your position, he might be willing to reconsider his own position. Not so Jorge. Nothing and no-one can ever breach his surety on these issues. And even that is a element of pride for Him, for he thinks by being immovable and unconvincable, by not giving any real pause to consider if he might be wrong, he is being faithful to God.

Jim

I wasn't speaking about Klaus's specific post, but his general way of interacting in Nat Sci, especially with creationists and Jorge in particular. Very trollish in my opinion. I know I can be trollish at times also, I don't deny that. But Klaus much of the time just seems to be out to pick a fight with "YECs" and Jorge.

Comment

I know I can be trollish at times also, I don't deny that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This 'Ra' critter (first time I know of him) is a character so full of himself that I'm surprised he managed to fit on the screen.
                  Jorge,
                  You’ve taken incorrigibility to new level. I think it’s a world record. BTW, AronRa is best known for his video series of seventeen “Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism” but has done a heap of other good stuff on religion and biology.

Anyway, I thank you for taking the time to watch the video. It has not had the explosive effect I thought it might but perhaps it will work slowly on your subconscious.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

So, do you understand the concept of consilience or not?

If so, do you believe it to be the death knell of anti-evolutionism?

I presume we're all in the pursuit of truth.

K54
                    Last edited by klaus54; 08-06-2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I wasn't speaking about Klaus's specific post, but his general way of interacting in Nat Sci, especially with creationists and Jorge in particular. Very trollish in my opinion. I know I can be trollish at times also, I don't deny that. But Klaus much of the time just seems to be out to pick a fight with "YECs" and Jorge.
                      I've FORCEFULLY tried to get Jorge to answer questions.

If continuing to harp on him to answer is trolling, then I be a troll.

So far I've gotten NO answers from him about an unambiguous, plain, simple-even-to-a-child, straightforward, direct, fact-Fact-FACT reading of the first Genesis story.

And since that's ALL he can his hat on in the battle of his 1809 Napoleon YEC artillery against the Abrams M1A1 of scientific consilience, dont'cha think it's appropriate to hound him for a response?

And isn't harping on him to define and understand scientific consilience THE key to the CrEvo "debate"??? So far no answer on that either.

Is that consilience beeswax cutting to close to a nerve?

K54
                      Last edited by klaus54; 08-06-2014, 03:16 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Nope, not difficult at all (piece of cake, actually). All it takes is an honest reading of God's Word employing time-tested, historical-grammatical exegesis/hermeneutics. It is, rather, the Theistic Evolutionist/Old Age Theist that must exercise innumerable contortions and distortions of Scripture in order to make the narrative fit with their worldview.

Sorry to disappoint.

Jorge
                        Then how's come you CAN'T regale us with the unambiguous, plain, direct, simple-even-to-a-child, straightforward "reading" of the first Genesis story?

The TWeb World awaits...

K54
                        Last edited by klaus54; 08-06-2014, 03:20 PM. Reason: can --> can't

Comment

After a long and happy life Jorge finally meets God:

God – Hello Jorge, come here, lets have a look at you.
                          Are you a good singer Jorge? Can you give me a scale or something? You know; la, la, la and stuff?

Jorge - ?

God – I’ve got a vacancy in the heavenly choir. I want you to fill it. Okay?

Jorge – Yeah, alright. Do you mind if I ask you a question?

God – Mind? Of course I bloody mind, I’m God for heavens sake. How dare you presume to question Me.

Jorge – Oh.

God – Holy smoke dude, what is it?

Jorge – How did you make the animals?

God – Make the animals? Jorge, have you seen the amount of poo that comes out an elephant’s Edited by a Moderator What do you take me for? Do you think Edited by a Moderator designer; is that it? You think I’m in the Edited by a Moderator manufacturing business, do you? Animals! They’re bloody disgusting, the lot of them.

Jorge – So, er, em,

God – Never mind all that. You get over to Saint Peter. He’s been writing a new hymn. I want you pitch perfect by Saturday. Go on, scoot!

Moderated By: rogue06

Watch the language

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Raphael; 11-09-2014, 04:04 PM.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jim
                            You do better when you stay away, O-mudd --- that way you don't provide further evidence of your rabid hatred of God's Word (the honest version of it) and of those that defend It boldly and unashamedly.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              Jorge,
                              You’ve taken incorrigibility to new level. I think it’s a world record. BTW, AronRa is best known for his video series of seventeen “Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism” but has done a heap of other good stuff on religion and biology.

Anyway, I thank you for taking the time to watch the video. It has not had the explosive effect I thought it might but perhaps it will work slowly on your subconscious.
                              You call me "incorrigible" because I fail to listen to that 'Ra' idiot?

You have GOT to be kidding me!

That 'Ra' critter exudes dishonesty and a rabid anti-God agenda through his pores.
                              I mean, it was so intensely thick that I could feel it over the internet.

So, 'Ra' has "17 Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism". I cringe just thinking of the plethora of lies, distortions, misrepresentations and similar sins that he crams into those 17 "Foundations". Come to think of it, they probably mirror much of what is posted here. Come to think of it again, many of the wackos here on TWeb probably got some of their material from 'Ra'.

If I didn't already know that it would be a complete waste of my time, I'd challenge 'Ra' to an exchange. But I know better than that. It would be like challenging P.Z. Myers or Richard Dawkins in the hope that they would learn something, repent and turn towards God. A snowball stands a better chance of making it through a summer in Hell than that event.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                After a long and happy life Jorge finally meets God:

God – Hello Jorge, come here, lets have a look at you.
                                Are you a good singer Jorge? Can you give me a scale or something? You know; la, la, la and stuff?

Jorge - ?

God – I’ve got a vacancy in the heavenly choir. I want you to fill it. Okay?

Jorge – Yeah, alright. Do you mind if I ask you a question?

God – Mind? Of course I bloody mind, I’m God for heavens sake. How dare you presume to question Me.

Jorge – Oh.

God – Holy smoke dude, what is it?

Jorge – How did you make the animals?

God – Make the animals? Jorge, have you seen the amount of poo that comes out an elephant’s Edited by a Moderator? What do you take me for? Do you think Edited by a Moderator designer; is that it? You think I’m in the Edited by a Moderator manufacturing business, do you? Animals! They’re bloody disgusting, the lot of them.

Jorge – So, er, em,

God – Never mind all that. You get over to Saint Peter. He’s been writing a new hymn. I want you pitch perfect by Saturday. Go on, scoot!

Moderated By: rogue06

Watch the language

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the distinct impression that the
                                elevator in firstfloor's brain went to basement and never came back up?

Jorge
                                Last edited by Raphael; 11-09-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment