Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Women ordered to stop praying inside mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I thought he was a she!
    It's so hard to tell the difference with s.

Comment

That's actually a good point -- if it was done as a theatrical thing to draw attention, it might be more akin to the Pharisee in the tower. But if they just stopped along the way and had prayer, that's different.
      it wasn't though this was normal for them to do.

Source

Originally posted by Fox News
      A few weeks ago the Dublin Girls had gathered inside the local mall for an evening power walk. They formed a small circle and as they had done many times before, they bowed their heads to petition the Almighty.
      But before one of the runners could say, “Lord Jesus,” she was interrupted by a mall cop barreling down a corridor.
      “The security guard came running toward us and said, ‘You are not allowed to pray at the mall. That’s against the policy,’” Tammy told me.
      empasis mine.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
        it wasn't though this was normal for them to do.

Source

empasis mine.
        So, if they were comparing lottery tickets, or discussing abortions.... they'd be good!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, if they were comparing lottery tickets, or discussing abortions.... they'd be good!
          yep unfortunately looks like the bullying folks at Freedom From Religion and their ilk are winning because the mall like this and that restaurant offering discounts to those who prayed by using greenmail tactics against folks by threatening lawsuits against them if they allow legal and constitutionally protected speech on their premises. I wish folks would just stand up to those Bullies like that high school valedictorian did earlier this year.

Comment

What about the Judge that we will all answer to someday?
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I think I might start a restaurant called "I give discounts to whomsoever I wish and if you don't like it don't eat here".
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think I might start a restaurant called "I give discounts to whomsoever I wish and if you don't like it don't eat here".
                Too long and IGDTWIWAIYDLIDEH is a lousy acronym.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  How about TIOLI?

Take it or leave it...
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    You LOVED "the old home filler up and keep on truckin cafe"

Comment

You LOVED "the old home filler up and keep on truckin cafe"
                      I loved the crispy bacon they served.

One of these days I should tell you the story about an acquaintance of mine who was going to open a liquor store on Beaver Ruin Road near Norcross but there was a weird rule here in Georgia that prohibited putting Liquor on the sign (you had to call it a package store) ruining his nasty plan.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thank you free market. After a protest at the mall this happened:

--
                        However, after the matter made headlines, MCK Properties, the owners of Dublin Mall, stated that mall employees misunderstood the rules and that MCK Properties takes no issue with prayer at the establishment—as long as it is not “imposed” on the shopper.

“The mall first and foremost has no issues or objection whatsoever with anyone of any religion denomination privately and quietly praying over their food before they eat or showing devotion towards their religion of choice provided it does not impose itself on others or take away from the overall shopping experience,” John Engler, vice president of MCK Properties, wrote in a statement.

http://christiannews.net/2014/08/10/...-georgia-mall/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Thank you free market. After a protest at the mall this happened:

--
                          However, after the matter made headlines, MCK Properties, the owners of Dublin Mall, stated that mall employees misunderstood the rules and that MCK Properties takes no issue with prayer at the establishment—as long as it is not “imposed” on the shopper.

“The mall first and foremost has no issues or objection whatsoever with anyone of any religion denomination privately and quietly praying over their food before they eat or showing devotion towards their religion of choice provided it does not impose itself on others or take away from the overall shopping experience,” John Engler, vice president of MCK Properties, wrote in a statement.

http://christiannews.net/2014/08/10/...-georgia-mall/
                          Yeah

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Cool the bullies lost this time.

Comment