Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"I'm sorry, those emails were lost."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been retired over two years, so my recollection is dim...but we did lose our emails when servers crashed at our workplace. I think that was several years ago.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Does anybody actually buy this?
      JimL. I guarantee it.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        I've been retired over two years, so my recollection is dim...but we did lose our emails when servers crashed at our workplace. I think that was several years ago.
        Yes, but an enterprise network system such as what the government uses has servers with "trust relationships" replicated to other servers, and a whole IT staff to guaranty uptime. Even in my company, we had servers in two other cities BESIDES the one at our local data center, in addition to RAID to protect against hard drive failure.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yes, but an enterprise network system such as what the government uses has servers with "trust relationships" replicated to other servers, and a whole IT staff to guaranty uptime. Even in my company, we had servers in two other cities BESIDES the one at our local data center, in addition to RAID to protect against hard drive failure.
          I WAS with the government. ...as I said, my memory is foggy since it was several years ago... I THINK some people lost SOME emails, not all. However, this was with the Navy/Marine Corps systems. IRS is a completely separate entity from the DOD.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I WAS with the government. ...as I said, my memory is foggy since it was several years ago... I THINK some people lost SOME emails, not all. However, this was with the Navy/Marine Corps systems. IRS is a completely separate entity from the DOD.

Hmmmmmmm

and, again I say....

Hmmmmmmmmm
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Hmmmmmmm

and, again I say....

Hmmmmmmmmm

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You worked with NMCI??? Were you with EDS?
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment