Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Nobility Among Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is me at the castle where most of the action in the book happens (I finally got to visit it after a decade of wanting to):

12274771_10207739363462813_5816451374884580030_n.jpg

The e-book version is only 99 cents at amazon until the end of the month.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
      This is me at the castle where most of the action in the book happens (I finally got to visit it after a decade of wanting to):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11599[/ATTACH]

The e-book version is only 99 cents at amazon until the end of the month.
      Was it as you envisioned it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Was it as you envisioned it?
        Pretty much, I researched it and its surroundings pretty thoroughly when writing the story, though I deliberately changed its internals in the book, since it's an alternative history. I think I estimated the number of floors in the connected gallery wrong, but we didn't get to go inside, so I'm not sure. From what I was able to see it's a stunning place, inside and out (there's only a limited tour of the inside you can do in the winter, because some of the rooms are difficult for them to heat).

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

A Hope That Burns

Comment

The special offer ends in less than a day, so now is a good time to grab it if you haven't yet. The poetry collection is still on offer for a few more days.
          Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 11-30-2015, 08:39 AM.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

The second edition of the book went live at the weekend (fixing formatting, labelling, grammatical and spelling errors I couldn't fix under the old publisher's arrangement):

The new paperback version can be bought here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1530883032/?tag=theologyweb-20

The link for the kindle version remains the same (see my sig).
            Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 04-11-2016, 03:45 AM.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

My wife just finished reading both your novels Ben. Her response: "tell him he must hurry up and write more"
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                My wife just finished reading both your novels Ben. Her response: "tell him he must hurry up and write more"
                I'm working on it, slower than I would like. Any help the two of you can give in getting the word out would be appreciated, at the moment I can't afford to publish any more books (certainly not if I want to hire a professional editor), none of them have recovered their initial costs, except Nobility Among Us might possibly have barely broken even after 3 years.

There's a chance that I could meet Larry Correia later this month (he's doing a book signing in Prague). It's a long shot, but if I could somehow get him to look at Beyond the Mist and recommend it to his readership, then that could make a big difference. We'll see.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
                  I'm working on it, slower than I would like. Any help the two of you can give in getting the word out would be appreciated, at the moment I can't afford to publish any more books (certainly not if I want to hire a professional editor), none of them have recovered their initial costs, except Nobility Among Us might possibly have barely broken even after 3 years.

There's a chance that I could meet Larry Correia later this month (he's doing a book signing in Prague). It's a long shot, but if I could somehow get him to look at Beyond the Mist and recommend it to his readership, then that could make a big difference. We'll see.
                  What about publishing the existing ones through Castalia House? (seem as you know a number of their existing authors)

We'll both do some more punting for you (but we're both rather obscure people in the back end of nowhere, but every little bit helps)
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    What about publishing the existing ones through Castalia House? (seem as you know a number of their existing authors)

We'll both do some more punting for you (but we're both rather obscure people in the back end of nowhere, but every little bit helps)
                    I've already tried that, they are a small press with a very packed publishing schedule, maybe I can try again (or somewhere else) once I have a couple more books out.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Another kindle countdown deal started today, 99 cents for a week. (See my sig for a Tweb-friendly link)

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Some Nobility Among Us memes:

Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 08-26-2016, 06:42 AM.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

All of my e-books are now available for 99 cents for the next five days. (The links in my signature use the tweb affiliate tag)

A Hope That Burns

Comment

All of my ebooks are available on Amazon UK for 99p this week.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X