Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobility Among Us

Faith
    Darth Anglicanus
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This sounds awesome. Should put on my list. Also, good on you for getting it done. I've "been" in editing mode for years now; really ought to get back on that horse.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Dude View Post
    Having the deceptive technique backfire to do actual good sounds awesome, and actually piques my curiosity a little more into reading it. I'll try and mention it to my friend before this Sunday is out.
    Thanks, the contest is designed to produce sham fairy-tale marriages that make the people think the nobility will become more sensitive to their needs, but in this case produces a genuine productive marriage that emboldens a noble already inclined to act in the best interests of his subjects. That's not going to go down well with his superiors, but projecting the new benevolent public image means they have to be careful how their corrective actions will be perceived; they don't have to be that careful, since they have total control of the media so can cover up or spin incidents however they want, but it's something they haven't had to consider before this new strategy began.

Quote Originally Posted by thewriteranon View Post
    This sounds awesome. Should put on my list. Also, good on you for getting it done. I've "been" in editing mode for years now; really ought to get back on that horse.
    Thanks, and I know how you feel, I was in editing mode off and on for four or five years and there's always something you can still tweak, hopefully I can streamline that process with whatever I do next.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Creative editor of the Sci Phi Journal, for readers who like depth to their stories and to explore the depths of the stories they like.

Listen to a Tale of the Once and Future King

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, would anyone who has read it like to put up a review on amazon? Nick's review is looking pretty lonely out there...

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Creative editor of the Sci Phi Journal, for readers who like depth to their stories and to explore the depths of the stories they like.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The book is enrolled in the Kindle Owners' Lending Library, so anyone with an Amazon Prime Account can borrow the kindle version for free for as long as they like through that (I know that at least one person has already done so). I actually receive a royalty when someone borrows it through this program, (as opposed to lending your bought copy to someone for 14 days via Kindle Book Lending), so I encourage it.

Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I haz this book on Kindle!!!!

Seriously Ben it was a really good read and I am looking forward to whatever your write next.

A certain scene hit me particularly hard (I won't mention which one, but I'm sure if you've read it, you know).

What I also found personally cool, was that some of your characters had similar personalities to characters I've used when trying my hand at writing (never published or anything). For me it gave them a familiarity that allowed me to get into the story faster.

I will look to trying to do a review on Amazon.....I may want to reread it again first
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks, Raph, that means a lot. Anything you can do to get the word out will be appreciated, it seems my marketing skills need a lot of work.

I know which scene you mean . I was considering setting up a private group or forum where people could discuss the book without worrying about spoilers, but there doesn't seem to be much demand for it.

The new baby has cut into my productivity (not that it was that great to start with ), so it'll probably be a couple of years before my next novel is ready. I'm working on some other stuff in the meantime.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There is currently a contest running at the publisher's website (ending the 12th of July) where you can win one of two free paperback copies of the book delivered anywhere in the world.

details here:

http://www.feedaread.com/p/1234/

Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    entered
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Spread the word about the contest, please. Lots of people have taken a look, but very few have entered.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    entered and posted contest on my facebook page.