Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Nobility Among Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    My, my. What will they think of next.
    I know. it's like they took a kindle and made it work without having to charge it! But the multiple screens seem confusing. And how do you download new novels?

Comment

I got this "book" thing in the mail today! It is amazing! It has over 375 screens in it, and it works without batteries! That subtitled help desk video really helps too. It took me a while to figure out how to open it, but after watching the video I figured it out. But for some reason all of the text is upside down. any ideas?

Comment

Notice how each screen has an image on both the front and back?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I got this "book" thing in the mail today! It is amazing! It has over 375 screens in it, and it works without batteries! That subtitled help desk video really helps too. It took me a while to figure out how to open it, but after watching the video I figured it out. But for some reason all of the text is upside down. any ideas?
          It comes with its own stable independent internal gravity field, so that whichever way the book is pointing, the text is pointing the same way, and it's own inbuilt spatial awareness game, like trying to dock with a space station without a docking computer in the original Elite, just match your rotation with the book, and everything falls into place.
          --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
            It comes with its own stable independent internal gravity field, so that whichever way the book is pointing, the text is pointing the same way, and it's own inbuilt spatial awareness game, like trying to dock with a space station without a docking computer in the original Elite, just match your rotation with the book, and everything falls into place.
            OK but I don't know how long I can read standing on my head.

Comment

OK but I don't know how long I can read standing on my head.
              Alternatively you could go the easy route and, using the book as an anchor point, rotate the entire universe around it until the two gravity fields are aligned. That way there will be no need to stand on your head and get the dirt from your shoes in your hair.

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Alternatively you could go the easy route and, using the book as an anchor point, rotate the entire universe around it until the two gravity fields are aligned. That way there will be no need to stand on your head and get the dirt from your shoes in your hair.
                I ain't no quantum rocket surgeon!

Comment

I ain't no quantum rocket surgeon!
                  But do you have an autumn pocket sturgeon?

A Hope That Burns

Comment

But do you have an autumn pocket sturgeon?
                    I pawned it last week for a pint of rum.

Comment

I pawned it last week for a pint of rum.
                      Only a pint? You got short-changed there.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Only a pint? You got short-changed there.
                        I just wanted to find out where his stash was.

Comment

I just wanted to find out where his stash was.

But...why is the rum gone?
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

what rum?

Comment

what rum?
                              You know...the rum.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                You know...the rum.
                                Pa Rum a pum-pum?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X