Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if it varies from state to state, but... I was threatened with wage garnishment from an apartment complex after my roommate skipped town and left me with a rent I couldn't pay and six months still on the lease. Turns out they were bluffing and can't garnish wages for stuff like that, only for debts owed to or through the state, like taxes and child support. They were just trying to scare me. I would definitely see a lawyer and have them look at the letter you got and have them tell you what the anesthesiologist can and cannot do. They may be bluffing when they say they will take you to court if you pay a lesser amount. Don't let them get to you. We are here for you.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Yeah, what everybody else has said. I sometimes assist the lawyers I work with at pro bono clinics. My law firm actually mandates that our attorneys provide a minimum number of hours per year of pro bono work.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        1) I'm so sorry for your loss.

2) Get a lawyer - the suit is crap. As long as you can document what you can afford and make the payments - even small ones - they don't have a leg to stand on. They don't want to take a crappy suit to court and get laughed at - especially by the judge.

Look up the bar association for your state - you can probably find someone who will consult pro bono for something like that.

Personally, they'd go on my '$5 list' - those accounts with low priority that I only send $5 a month to. But I'm not nice...

3) Bankruptcy is fully survivable and a reasonable alternative when repayment is impossible (Chap 13 actually repays and is a good way to go - talk to lawyer). If you need to, that's what it's there for and it's perfectly okay to use it.

4) No, you may NOT commit suicide - PERIOD. It's a cruelty to everyone that gives a darn about you and vicious as heck to those who love you. Get counselling NOW. There are free and low cost services available through your state's mental health program so money is no excuse.

Look here, Little Sister, you were baptized into our family not so very long ago. At that time you told Jesus you would trust Him to be both Lord and Savior - suicide makes a lie of that. God is a really big God - He can handle this when you can't. Trust Him. When you can't hang on any more, give Him the rope and let Him hold it and you.

Suicide isn't an answer - it's running wildly away like some stupid character in a horror flick. That never turns out well, does it? Suicidal thoughts are just you telling yourself you're over whelmed - that's okay. Now you know, so stop telling yourself. The thought comes to mind, you find something else to think about. Mr Williams' grieving family, the weather, puppies, whether or not CP really wears yellow - ANYTHING ELSE. Do not entertain evil and that includes thoughts of suicide.

Counselling - NOW.

And Ke - God loves you, and so do we. Heck, I even like you a little...

Amen.

and

Comment

Comment

Coming from a doctor's family, I can attest to the fact that the threat letter if a bunch of hot air. I will remember you in my prayers.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Comment

So, how ya doing, kiddo?
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

So, how ya doing, kiddo?
                  Good question Teal. ke, how're you doing today?
                  3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

So, how ya doing, kiddo?
                    I'm doing okay. Just trying to keep busy. I move to college on Friday so it hasn't left time to stew and brood which is always helpful. I've also taken to listening to worship music and reading the Bible as often as possible. Just figure a good defense is an offense.
                    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                      I'm doing okay. Just trying to keep busy. I move to college on Friday so it hasn't left time to stew and brood which is always helpful. I've also taken to listening to worship music and reading the Bible as often as possible. Just figure a good defense is an offense.
                      Amen.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Like Mel, the cook on Alice?
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment