Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Concealed Carry Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Why? He had his fingers on the grip with his thumb in the trigger guard, right? No?

Before I ferget Master Po said he likes your avatar. Sort of reminds him of his first girlfriend.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
      Technically you'd probably need a gun. What's your gun of choice for carry, Jed?
      Yes, LT, a gun would be required for open or concealed carry. I do not currently carry either way, normally. I am thinking about a small 9mm for that purpose.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Only seven?

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.
        The one in the top image won't work properly (the gun, the picture shows fine).
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I was really hoping this would develop into a serious discussion.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I was really hoping this would develop into a serious discussion.
            I just don't think that you'll find anything in Scripture about carrying concealed weapons by citizens

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I just don't think that you'll find anything in Scripture about carrying concealed weapons by citizens
              Well, the main reason one would opt to carry concealed in the first place would, in my opinion, suggest that the carrier has already come to grips with the fact that he may well be in a position to take the life of another human being in protecting his life or property, or the life or property of another.

While I'm fully aware that there's not a "thou shalt not carry hidden weapons", I was wondering about the implications when we make that decision.

I am a concealed carry permit holder, but I rarely carry concealed. I guess I'm struggling with the fact that I know concealed carry permit holders who don't seem to think seriously about the consequences of the power they hold.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have a gun most of the time. What's the issue?

It's like any other tool in the toolbox.
                Aye.

In some parts of Guate, it is practically part of one's dress code. Picking out a matching holster for the shirt can be quite elemental. Almost in the same vein as selecting a belt or pair of boots to showcase.
                Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Do you think the scripture (or scriptural principles) are more likely to SUPPORT or OPPOSE the licensed carrying of concealed weapons by citizens?
                  In the OT the Israelites were called to fight as they entered the promised land. Though I can't think of passages which spoke of everyone having weapons, it sort of seems that they did.

Jesus also said it was okay for the disciples to carry a sword upon Jesus' death. I think the concern was that people should not seek to grow Christianity by the sword ... but there would be times the people would need a sword. But I don't know how this fits with the martyrdom situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
                    Aye.

In some parts of Guate, it is practically part of one's dress code. Picking out a matching holster for the shirt can be quite elemental. Almost in the same vein as selecting a belt or pair of boots to showcase.
                    It in the west having a gun is like having a pocket knife or pliers or jumper cables.

I expect everyone to have one and it seems strange when they don't.
                    The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

It in the west having a gun is like having a pocket knife or pliers or jumper cables.

I expect everyone to have one and it seems strange when they don't.
                      You mean all of the USA isn't like that?

Oh wait I guess them Northern Eastcoast Yankee fellers don't carry. But do they really count as 'Mericans anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
                        Aye.

And I can only imagine the problems with the proper accessorizing with the firearm itself.
                        • I can't go out, this Uzi clashes with my shoes!

• Does this Glock make me look fat?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          In the OT the Israelites were called to fight as they entered the promised land. Though I can't think of passages which spoke of everyone having weapons, it sort of seems that they did.

Jesus also said it was okay for the disciples to carry a sword upon Jesus' death. I think the concern was that people should not seek to grow Christianity by the sword ... but there would be times the people would need a sword. But I don't know how this fits with the martyrdom situations.
                          I think the carrying of the sword had more to do with dealing with bandits and the like considering that most appeared to do a good bit of travelling in their ministries.

Comment

I pretty much always have a firearm on me. The power that we possess as firearm owners is different in the sense that it is much easier to accidentally harm a person with a firearm than with an edged weapon (bows excluded). It just means that we have to be prepared (by understanding legal issues, practicing with the firearm, etc.) and more careful when taking action.
                            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              You mean all of the USA isn't like that?

Oh wait I guess them Northern Eastcoast Yankee fellers don't carry. But do they really count as 'Mericans anyway?
                              I'll have you know there is a pocket of resistance; not all of the East coast is alike!
                              No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment