Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Rapture, Millineum, & the 3 last Jewish Feasts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Quoting a Psalm? That's poetry, not a theological statement. Not a good idea to use proverbial literature to form doctrine. Bound to misinterpret it. Why is your interpretation more valid than mine? Do you have a monopoly on the Holy Spirit? Are you a prophet?
    One can easily claim anointing by their own understanding. Whereas the gospel is hid to the lost. Peter itself warned that by reading Paul's letter had made others to stumble. In the complexity of this issue of battle of beliefs among the false and the true ones, the people of weak faith are being caught into confusion. This is where the importance of the knowledge of prophecy comes in. Knowledge of prophesies is an essential part in the church for the leaders to lead/navigate the church according to the prophecies. The prophesies were not written for us just to be in awe. The prophesies helps us identify the true church.

With regards to authority, Paul gave us the answer:

Rom 10:15
    ....And how shall they preach, except they be sent?.....

...WISDOM giveth life to them that have it. (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
    ...the ISLES shall wait for his law (Isaiah 42:4)
    https://philippinesinprophecies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
      One can easily claim anointing by their own understanding. Whereas the gospel is hid to the lost. Peter itself warned that by reading Paul's letter had made others to stumble. In the complexity of this issue of battle of beliefs among the false and the true ones, the people of weak faith are being caught into confusion. This is where the importance of the knowledge of prophecy comes in. Knowledge of prophesies is an essential part in the church for the leaders to lead/navigate the church according to the prophecies. The prophesies were not written for us just to be in awe. The prophesies helps us identify the true church.

With regards to authority, Paul gave us the answer:

Rom 10:15
      ....And how shall they preach, except they be sent?.....

No comment...
      Paul's talking about the need for missionaries to spread the Gospel so they can hear. Context!
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Quite honestly, people who preach to focus of people's individual talent to be useful in the community of christians, is, ultimately, actually focused on their own agendas.
        THAT, sir, is a steaming load of horsie poo, and NOT "quite honest". In fact, it's just birdbrained stupid.

It is in CONTEXT that we Christians are all members of the body, and each gift is given by the Spirit as HE will, so the individual members are NOT focused on themselves, but on the body, and how their gifts benefit the body. IF, in fact, they are focused ONLY on their own gift, then it is, indeed, a problem.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No comment...
          Paul's talking about the need for missionaries to spread the Gospel so they can hear. Context!
          You certainly have your own interpretations. But, I will say that there are important messages behind the word that points directly to the truth of God. For you to say that Paul simply talks "about need for missionaries", which is quite needed indeed, does not capture the true message of the passage. If men can really search the word of God out of reading the Scriptures, even Jesus would not have to argue with the Jews. But according to God's gifts to men in Jesus Christ to the church, the positions in the church, such as teachers, or prophets, or healers, are not taken through man's will. In fact, nobody can come to know God except God reveals himself to the person. So no one can preach except God himself sent him.

We can debate this issue, and likely we will not change our stand on the matter. But in the end, when we face God in the last judgment, you will be asked where your authority came from.

2Pet 3:16
          16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
          Last edited by FarEastBird; 09-17-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            THAT, sir, is a steaming load of horsie poo, and NOT "quite honest". In fact, it's just birdbrained stupid.

It is in CONTEXT that we Christians are all members of the body, and each gift is given by the Spirit as HE will, so the individual members are NOT focused on themselves, but on the body, and how their gifts benefit the body. IF, in fact, they are focused ONLY on their own gift, then it is, indeed, a problem.
            Are you taking it that everyone who call themselves christians, are christians in deed? That's not right. The goal for having the apostles, preacher, teacher, prophets in the church is for the perfecting of the saints, to come in ONE MIND with Christ.

Eph 4:10-14
            10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

What else would be your excuse with a church of united in mind about the truth, yet to be divided among themselves about belief?

If these denominations are not uniting us in full belief of the truth, then they are false ones. And if they cannot unite the church, they themselves are blind guides.
            Last edited by FarEastBird; 09-17-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Are you taking it that everyone who call themselves christians, are christians in deed?
              No, I'm taking it that you're even farther out there than your name implies.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Again, why should I believe you over the Holy Spirit? Two can play that game. The Holy Spirit inspired men to write the scriptures, Since it was a high context society, context is needed to understand the scriptures beyond the basics for salvation.

Comment

Again, why should I believe you over the Holy Spirit? Two can play that game. The Holy Spirit inspired men to write the scriptures, Since it was a high context society, context is needed to understand the scriptures beyond the basics for salvation.
                  Is it really the Holy Spirit, or you are simply vouching of your own knowledge and understanding? Do you know the differences of these?

With regards to knowledge, Your knowledge about Rom 10:15 is a doctrine from men that perish with the use. But what I showed is something that will be true at any time.

This is sincere, I do have the Holy Spirit. I received it from God. I asked for a sign and I was given. How about you?

Comment

Is it really the Holy Spirit, or you are simply vouching of your own knowledge and understanding? Do you know the differences of these?

With regards to knowledge, Your knowledge about Rom 10:15 is a doctrine from men that perish with the use. But what I showed is something that will be true at any time.

This is sincere, I do have the Holy Spirit. I received it from God. I asked for a sign and I was given. How about you?
                    I have the Holy Spirit. Makes a great conscience. He ain't telling you this stuff.

Comment

I think, FEB, you are what we call, in the oil patch, "all knowed up".

Comment

I think, FEB, you are what we call, in the oil patch, "all knowed up".
                        Knowledge puffs up?

Comment

Knowledge puffs up?
                          He's a MeOnlyist.

Comment

He's a MeOnlyist.
                            He thinks he got the Holy Spirit. I not sure he does...
                            Considering he thinks you have to understand prophecy to be saved.

Comment

He thinks he got the Holy Spirit. I not sure he does...
                              Considering he thinks you have to understand prophecy to be saved.
                              Anybody who ADDS TO the requirements the Bible puts forth....

Comment

Anybody who ADDS TO the requirements the Bible puts forth....
                                Will...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X