Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Rapture, Millineum, & the 3 last Jewish Feasts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    Very true. But not without purpose.

One thing I have learnt - you don't have any hope of following Christ if you keep looking around at inconsequentials. You can only follow him if you keep your eyes on where he is and where he wants you to be. Whatever antis might be around at the time, you can't look at them and at Christ at the same time.
    Rather than going in detail to answer your post, let me tell you what I believe and draw from it my supposed response to your post.

I believe we are saved through Predestination. The prophesies are the very witness/proof of our salvation, central to it is the gospel of Christ.

Now there is a prophecy of falling away and blindness of the saints; and for that reason there will be a time when Christ will be revealed "AGAIN"! So, a simple question is, what time are we in, are we at the time of blindness? The prophesy says that Christ will be revealed again "at the sound of the trumpet", had they heard of the trumpet? From these we question whoever preach and teach where their source of authority come from? Actually, the prophesy says that Christ will send his angels to gather the elect. Aren't these crucial for everyone to know?
    ...WISDOM giveth life to them that have it. (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
    ...the ISLES shall wait for his law (Isaiah 42:4)
    https://philippinesinprophecies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
      what time are we in, are we at the time of blindness?
      I believe you are.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I believe you are.
        Didn't you imply in your post about your ignorance of the prophesies?

(here we are again......but i hope people see i am turning such smear into a fruitful one)

Comment

Didn't you imply in your post about your ignorance of the prophesies?
          Nope

(here we are again......but i hope people see i am turning such smear into a fruitful one)
          You're a fruit, alright! And you're in a bit of a JAM! But trust in Jesus -- he can PRESERVE you!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If salvation is predestined, then it doesn't matter what you believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              If salvation is predestined, then it doesn't matter what you believe.
              It is God who will lead us of what to believe, by giving us knowledge of the truth and of himself. Even when we still do not know him, he was already at work even before all things came to exist. Actually, all things work for good to them who are elect.

Paul was himself after killing the Christians when Christ elected him to be his witness to the future Gentiles. He was even converted by force.

Comment

It is God who will lead us of what to believe, by giving us knowledge of the truth and of himself. Even when we still do not know him, he was already at work even before all things came to exist. Actually, all things work for good to them who are elect.

Paul was himself after killing the Christians when Christ elected him to be his witness to the future Gentiles. He was even converted by force.
                and so all of your preaching and telling us what to believe is useless. If God wants us to believe something and we are predestined to be saved, then we will believe that something. If not, then we won't. In other words, believing and knowing "prophesies" is useless as far as being necessary for salvation. Nothing is necessary for salvation other than God predestining you to be saved. You have basically destroyed your own argument.

Comment

and so all of your preaching and telling us what to believe is useless. If God wants us to believe something and we are predestined to be saved, then we will believe that something. If not, then we won't. In other words, believing and knowing "prophesies" is useless as far as being necessary for salvation. Nothing is necessary for salvation other than God predestining you to be saved. You have basically destroyed your own argument.
                  It is useless only to the lost.

Not all elect are for to convert people. Some are called to bring judgment and become token how evil a generation is. Some are simply to give warning. Some are sent to lead, etc. As I was implying in a previous post, God predestined the prophets, the teachers, the healers, evangelists, etc. for the perfecting of the saints. The LOST will never understand, nor will come to understanding these things, neither will they benefit from these things.

It is true that I am not persuading anyone. I'm actually more into seeking a fulfillment of prophecies. But I am believing that if one hears the voice of God through me, then God himself is working in him. I will not force my belief on anyone, God will himself teach the elect, and they may do better than me.

Comment

It is useless only to the lost.

Not all elect are for to convert people. Some are called to bring judgment and become token how evil a generation is. Some are simply to give warning. Some are sent to lead, etc. As I was implying in a previous post, God predestined the prophets, the teachers, the healers, evangelists, etc. for the perfecting of the saints. The LOST will never understand, nor will come to understanding these things, neither will they benefit from these things.

It is true that I am not persuading anyone. I'm actually more into seeking a fulfillment of prophecies. But I am believing that if one hears the voice of God through me, then God himself is working in him. I will not force my belief on anyone, God will himself teach the elect, and they may do better than me.
                    Your English needs work. "Not all elect are for to convert people????"

anyway, as you admit you are not teaching anyone. Might as well move on.

Comment

Your English needs work. "Not all elect are for to convert people????"
                      Well, teachers are called to teach, that is what i meant.

anyway, as you admit you are not teaching anyone. Might as well move on.
                      Don't get mixed up of my belief of predestination and of how it works, unto my act of persuading people. As I said, the saints learn through those whom God sent.
                      Last edited by FarEastBird; 08-19-2014, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Don't get mixed up
                        I think you're mixed up enough for all of us.

Comment

Did someone mention something about banana pudding?
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                            Did someone mention something about banana pudding?
                            puddin'

yes

nanner puddin', to be precise.

Comment

What is up with this FEB? He posted another thread about Jews and Gentiles and prophecies and acted like I wasn't a believer if I couldn't interpret his messed up ideas.
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                                What is up with this FEB? He posted another thread about Jews and Gentiles and prophecies and acted like I wasn't a believer if I couldn't interpret his messed up ideas.
                                If you do not know the prophecy, where did you get your knowledge of the truth?

The prophecy says that there will be famine of the word and shall not find it. And then it says in Isaiah that the Gentiles will will be the one to "build the wall"; speaking of the Tabernacle of David, the spiritual tabernacle.

So, if you do not know these Gentiles who will build the walls, where did you get you knowledge of truth?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X