Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Rapture, Millineum, & the 3 last Jewish Feasts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I am with Cow Poke. Christ preached caring for your neighbors, and believing in him for the forgiveness of sins. He never said you had to know anything about the feasts and prophesies regarding his coming back, other than to be always prepared.

My view is that is it far more likely that I will go to Jesus rather than have Jesus come to me in the second coming. We all will meet our Lord soon enough. For most of us, it is when we die. And that's good enough for me.
    By this shall all men know that you are my disciples ...
    if you have lots of letters after your name,
    if you know the prophecies,
    if you can cite every word: chapter and verse,
    if you believe the gospel,
    somehow ... those don't seem to be the right endings to the quote.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      Thou must lovest banana puddin
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Thou must lovest banana puddin
        Thou art a hairy tick!

Comment

I'm with KG on this one, FEB....

I have way too many concerns, including hurting people, lost people who need to be saved, saved people who need to be discipled, and currently a homeless family who needs work and a place to live --- like KG, this is simply not as important to me as those things and other things.

It doesn't mean I'm not interested, and so far, it doesn't appear anybody else is either.
          I understand your concerns. But learn from the story of Martha and Mary. What is really the most important thing to do first?

What is the worth of giving people food if after filling themselves, or satisfying themselves, they would die and remain dead eternally? What is the most important bread and treasure that you could share to anyone? Isn't it the Word?

I understand if people does not want to speculate about things. Indeed that is a right thing to do. But you are missing the important part; for if the leadership lack the true knowledge where is the flock leading to?

Perhaps you do not feel, or know, the importance of knowing the prophesies, but from the way you are reacting you can easily brush off a prophet. Perhaps you are irritated of those false prophets, but even through them you should see how big issue is understanding the prophesies are.

The simple truth is, if a person does not align himself according to the prophesies, he is but lost.
          ...WISDOM giveth life to them that have it. (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
          ...the ISLES shall wait for his law (Isaiah 42:4)
          https://philippinesinprophecies.wordpress.com/

Comment

I am with Cow Poke. Christ preached caring for your neighbors, and believing in him for the forgiveness of sins. He never said you had to know anything about the feasts and prophesies regarding his coming back, other than to be always prepared.

My view is that is it far more likely that I will go to Jesus rather than have Jesus come to me in the second coming. We all will meet our Lord soon enough. For most of us, it is when we die. And that's good enough for me.
            It depends. The leadership has to have authority. And the goal of the leadership is to lead every soul to the knowledge of God. And every one has their part.

Eph 4:11-15
            11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Mind you, the gospel that we preach is actually a prophecy.

Peter even encouraged in his epistle:

2Pet 1:19-21
            19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Comment

I have found that most of the false teachers and prophets are those that try to impose their own arbitrary interpretations and ideas upon others and insist that is the only true view, and way to be a true disciple. Just like FEB is doing here.
              Now this is the work of false teachers: They use their speculations to make their enemies look bad. A good way to hide their ignorance, and to make their flock wallow in darkness. Seriously........

I believe that many false teachers and prophets are simply ignorant, and what they need are people who would enlighten them.

Honestly, accusing a person as suspect because he/she tries to impose his/her belief is quite a lame practice.

What is evil is when a person is directly controlling his/her adherents/followers.

If one does not impose to people the gospel, he/she is nothing but a babbler.

We need to draw a fine line, most of the time people use blurred lines to win an argument. I happen to do it too, sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                The simple problem is you had built a STRAW MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
                  I understand your concerns.
                  No, actually you don't.

The simple truth is, if a person does not align himself according to the prophesies, he is but lost.
                  That's a lie of the devil -- It is Christ who justifies us and presents us faultless to the Father, clothed in His own righteousness.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, actually you don't.
                    I truly may be wrong.

That's a lie of the devil -- It is Christ who justifies us and presents us faultless to the Father, clothed in His own righteousness.
                    What I said does not contradict Christ's works. There are many antichrists that came as the prophecy says; if you are part of the flock of antichrist would Christ justify you?

Comment

I truly may be wrong.
                      That's correct.

What I said does not contradict Christ's works. There are many antichrists that came as the prophecy says; if you are part of the flock of antichrist would Christ justify you?
                      Somebody who is focused on following Christ instead of trying to find an antichrist behind every tree and wildly speculating on eschatological conspiracy theories will be just fine.

Comment

That's correct.

Somebody who is focused on following Christ instead of trying to find an antichrist behind every tree and wildly speculating on eschatological conspiracy theories will be just fine.
                        You are making a blurred line to win the heart of others. Somehow, someway, we are challenged to speculate. You ought not paint others unsound by your speculation that they are speculating. Ignorance of what others say isn't a proof they are speculating. The right thing to do is show the faultiness of their speculations. What you are advising is to ignore everyone who we speculate to be speculating.

Comment

The simple problem is you had built a STRAW MAN.
                          Very true. But not without purpose.

One thing I have learnt - you don't have any hope of following Christ if you keep looking around at inconsequentials. You can only follow him if you keep your eyes on where he is and where he wants you to be. Whatever antis might be around at the time, you can't look at them and at Christ at the same time.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

You are making a blurred line to win the heart of others.
                            That's just dumb. What could be MORE clear than Christ crucified, buried and risen again?

Somehow, someway, we are challenged to speculate.
                            Book, Chapter, verse!

You ought not paint others unsound by your speculation that they are speculating.
                            It's not speculation on my part, it's fruit inspection.

Ignorance of what others say isn't a proof they are speculating. The right thing to do is show the faultiness of their speculations. What you are advising is to ignore everyone who we speculate to be speculating.
                            I would happily recommend to followers of Christ that they ignore YOU!

Comment

Book, Chapter, verse!
                              You are a book for everyone to read, if they cannot read your manners, they will not be able to understand the Bible either.

I would happily recommend to followers of Christ that they ignore YOU!
                              Your goal in your posts is merely to influence people to ignore me, you are not promoting wisdom at all.....I already knew it from the beginning.
                              Last edited by FarEastBird; 08-19-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

You are a book for everyone to read, if they cannot read your manners, they will not be able to understand the Bible either.
                                No, FEB -- show me where the Bible supports your goofy assertion!

Your goal in your posts is merely to influence people to ignore me, you are not promoting wisdom at all.....I already knew it from the beginning.
                                Actually, it IS wisdom to ignore your posts! You're flakier than Post Toasties!

Comment