Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Experience! (Pearls version 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Amens were intended to be an easy way to say "me too" without having to make a post. This is mostly a more complicated version of pearls, except you keep accumulating "experience" instead of starting with a fixed quantity of pearls. IMO the limited quantity of pearls made them more 'valuable.'
    yeah
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I agree. I don't see the point of it. You are removing the personal touch of seeing who sent them to you and replacing it with numbers only and no redeemable value.

Also, the New Posts side thread was a great feature of the old model, I'm sure I speak for a few, it would be nice to see that back up.

Comment

Originally posted by princesa View Post
        I agree. I don't see the point of it. You are removing the personal touch of seeing who sent them to you and replacing it with numbers only and no redeemable value.

Also, the New Posts side thread was a great feature of the old model, I'm sure I speak for a few, it would be nice to see that back up.
        That, and some of the posts I haven't read don't show up dark blue. I think they are too old or something. I keep missing out on the conversations because I lose track.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          That, and some of the posts I haven't read don't show up dark blue. I think they are too old or something. I keep missing out on the conversations because I lose track.
          The problem is that posts seem to automatically mark themselves as read.

Logging out with unread posts will result in all posts then marked unread marked read when logging in.
          Last edited by Paprika; 02-10-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

^ Yeah, that.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X