Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Re: Michael Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one has to be awfully credulous to believe that anyone is going to charge straight into his certain death.
    To even begin to believe it would be possible, you would have to know it is possible that he (options)
    1/ thought the officer wouldn't fire.
    2/ was affected by drugs to the point of being wholly reckless.
    as the primary, but by no means the sole factors.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Source: NBCNews

The friend who was walking with unarmed Missouri teen Michael Brown when he was killed says Brown was "shot like an animal" by a police officer who approached the pair for no apparent reason while they were on their way home. "We were just walking down, minding our own business," Dorian Johnson, 22, told NBC affiliate KDSK of the Saturday afternoon confrontation in Ferguson that ended fatally for Brown, 18. The officer drove up to them and told them to "get the f**ck on the sidewalk," Johnson said. "He didn't say 'freeze,' 'hold,' or nothing like we were committing a crime."

Johnson said his confusion soon turned to fear as he watched the officer grab Brown around the neck. Even though Brown "never once attempted to grab for the officer's weapon," the cop reached for his gun with his other hand, Johnson said. "He says, 'I'll shoot.' It wasn't even a second later before the gun just went off." Brown ran, putting his hands up in surrender, but the officer kept firing, Johnson said. "It was just horrible to watch," Johnson said, breaking down. "It was definitely like being shot like an animal."

© Copyright Original Source

See, that's the problem, Jimmy... your star witness is a liar, and keeps changing his story.
      deja vu. Didn't a similar conversation occur on pre-crash TWeb?
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        As is apparent above, you are agenda driven, not truth driven.
        There's something terribly ironic about this, but I can't quite pinpoint it....
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Once again not true rogue. The buddy claimed that he was shot at from behind while running away. Then he went on to say that his friend turned and raised his arms in the air at which time he was shot multiple more times by the officer. The problem may be that you are getting your information only from a biased and obviously dishonest source because if you heard it from the witness own mouth you would know that you are not speaking the truth about his testimony.
          So, why don't you take a few minutes to hear it from his own lips, Jimmy? He claims the officer grabbed Brown by the neck and tried to drag him into the patrol unit, and that Brown was "shot like an animal", EXACTLY as Rogue claimed. Also, be sure to note that he says that Brown was "shot in the back", not simply "shot at from behind".

And watch the little dramatic "breaking down into tears" as he's outright lying.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
            I can't believe that Jimmy is that dishonest, so I have to go for the option that he's that incredibly ignorant.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Source: NBCNews

The friend who was walking with unarmed Missouri teen Michael Brown when he was killed says Brown was "shot like an animal" by a police officer who approached the pair for no apparent reason while they were on their way home. "We were just walking down, minding our own business," Dorian Johnson, 22, told NBC affiliate KDSK of the Saturday afternoon confrontation in Ferguson that ended fatally for Brown, 18. The officer drove up to them and told them to "get the f**ck on the sidewalk," Johnson said. "He didn't say 'freeze,' 'hold,' or nothing like we were committing a crime."

Johnson said his confusion soon turned to fear as he watched the officer grab Brown around the neck. Even though Brown "never once attempted to grab for the officer's weapon," the cop reached for his gun with his other hand, Johnson said. "He says, 'I'll shoot.' It wasn't even a second later before the gun just went off." Brown ran, putting his hands up in surrender, but the officer kept firing, Johnson said. "It was just horrible to watch," Johnson said, breaking down. "It was definitely like being shot like an animal."

© Copyright Original Source

See, that's the problem, Jimmy... your star witness is a liar, and keeps changing his story.
              Point out where he lied CP. The statement that he was "shot like an animal," and the statement that he was "shot at when he was running away, or shot in the back if you like," you are taking out of context. You don't know that he wasn't hit in the back as he was running away since the arm wounds could have come either from behind or from the front. He didn't say, what rogue and now you are contending that he said, that he was "gunned down from behind like an animal." Now why I wonder would you want to take his statements out of context like that?

Comment

I can't believe that Jimmy is that dishonest, so I have to go for the option that he's that incredibly ignorant.
                No, he's simply as dishonest as he can get away with.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                  Yes, thats the one where CP defended the murderer who chased a 17 year old kid through his own nieghborhood, had an altercation with him and shot him dead. Remember the defense in that case? The kid running away, all of a sudden doubled back and attacked his pursuer. Sound kind of familiar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                    No, he's simply as dishonest as he can get away with.
                    Point out the dishonesty then Epo.

Comment

So, why don't you take a few minutes to hear it from his own lips, Jimmy? He claims the officer grabbed Brown by the neck and tried to drag him into the patrol unit, and that Brown was "shot like an animal", EXACTLY as Rogue claimed. Also, be sure to note that he says that Brown was "shot in the back", not simply "shot at from behind".

And watch the little dramatic "breaking down into tears" as he's outright lying.
                      Point out the lies CP. And tell us how you know he is lying while you are at it. And btw, your lack of empathy for one whose friend has been shot to death is telling.
                      Last edited by JimL; 08-23-2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Point out the lies CP.
                        Yeah, because you're completely incapable of discovering them for yourself.

Comment

• I've never had the impression that JimL is smart enough to be genuinely dishonest.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• So, supposedly, the officer drove his car in such a manner that....

"We was so close to his door and him, that when he tries to thrust the door open aggressively it didn't come an inch out before it strikes both of us"....

Let's start with that, Jimmy.... Do you REALLY believe that the patrol car ended up so close that the door could not even be opened one inch?

Do you REALLY believe that?

Comment

• Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                              Because I'm upset that there was evidently no other option than to kill someone who was so young and had so much life in front of him (regardless of how physically imposing he was). I don't know if racism was involved in the incident, but race didn't factor into my judgment. I would've been just as upset if he was white or Asian or Hispanic or any other race, and the same goes for the officer.

Meanwhile, some of you on the other side seem hellbent on insisting that this was absolutely not racism, almost to the point of agitated defensiveness. It's as if the thought that racism might possibly have been involved is distressing.
                              since when does young=innocent?

If he was a criminal and did attack the cop, then he sure wasn't some innocent who had his whole life in front of him. He was a punk and a thug. He was old enough to know better.

Comment

Yeah, because you're completely incapable of discovering them for yourself.
                                Thats correct CP, so point out the lies, and tell us all how you know him to be lying.

Comment