Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Re: Michael Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is from a few days ago so most of you have already heard about the two construction workers who were eye-witnesses to the latter part of the Michael Brown shooting.

I saw this account from the local Fox station that includes some statements made to the local newspaper by one of the construction workers that admit to ambiguity about whether Brown might be merely staggering and going down or moving toward Officer Wilson in a threatening manner:
    http://fox2now.com/2014/09/08/two-je...rown-shooting/

For some reason I cannot read the text (tried IE & Chrome) on the The St Louis Post Dispatch's story:
    http://fox2now.com/2014/09/08/two-je...rown-shooting/

There was a video of these two construction workers (and a third person's voice) taken shortly after the shooting, where one of the construction workers is shown with his hands up, illustrating that Brown was trying to surrender and a third person's voice in the background yelling that Brown was not a threat. The other construction worker told CNN that 'he was like a walking dead guy':
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/10/us/fer...ses/index.html
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Extensive portions of the St. Louis Post Dispatch's story are quoted here: http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/...comes-forward/
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Extensive portions of the St. Louis Post Dispatch's story are quoted here: http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/...comes-forward/
        "Brown “told me he was feeling some bad vibes,” the co-worker told KTVI in a video that aired Aug. 12. “That the Lord Jesus Christ would help me through that as long as I didn’t get all angry at what I was doing.”"

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• We'll just have to wait til JimL gets back to splain this to all of us.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• as the church lady says, "How conveeeeeeeenient"

Comment

• The guy strong arms a clerk then witnesses to someone? On that point, I wonder if the witness has correctly identified the guy as being the same person (Brown). It does make be wonder about his testimony but only insomuch as the incongruity makes it seem likely that something is not right. No, I wouldn't dismiss it with so little of it available on that basis but it is a yellow flag for me.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• I doubt we will ever know the truth one way or another. We will learn the official version, and one or more unofficial versions. Which one is true?
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  I doubt we will ever know the truth one way or another. We will learn the official version, and one or more unofficial versions. Which one is true?
                  I've only really been interested in asking "which one is more likely based on previous events"? and "If we can't find out, would we rather have a Michael Brown or a Darren Wilson alive?" The cops do occasionally look like blackguards(in the old sense, as well as the literal sense ,) but 'disinterested eyewitnesses' simply do not exist in ghetto policing; it's a generally criminal society that covers for its own as or more assiduously than the cops ever could.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Extensive portions of the St. Louis Post Dispatch's story are quoted here: http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/...comes-forward/
                    Yeah, this is still not inconsistent with the notion that Brown may have been MOCKINGLY surrendering.... I mean, who moves TOWARD the officer while "surrendering"? One account was that Brown had his hands up and was taunting the officer, "what ya gonna do, shoot me?"
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      No, the question is whether it was a justified homicide or an unjustified use of deadly force and the answer to that question lies in whether or not Brown was surrendering with his arms in the air at the time he was shot twice in the head.

Of course that is what matters, but the problem for Officer Wilson is that all of these witnesses are independent observers whose stories all match in the details. They didn't get together and cook up a conspiracy. Their stories are recorded. Do you think that they all lied about what they observed but managed to come up with the same details, or are you just hoping that for some reason they will not testify under oath.
                      Dear Jimmy,

Just for the record -- you swallowed all the liberal echo chamber talking points, and were wrong. It's not just that you're so profoundly wrong, but that you're so profoundly wrong so often.

Your precious "witness testimony" fell apart under oath, and simply did not fit the physical evidence.

Your buddy,

CP

Comment