Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ferguson police not stopping looting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myth View Post
    I read somewhere that he commented on the release of the store robbery by saying it was "irrelevant" to the shooting. And now he's seen posing with gang signs in uniform? That's wildly inappropriate and subversive to the entire purpose of being an LEO.

I also can't say anything nice about his speech comparing Michael Brown to his own son. He's positioning himself (publicly, I might add) against Officer Wilson. That's nothing more than stabbing his 'brother in blue' in the back for political gain -- and before the investigation is even over. I couldn't trust him to have my back, ever.
    I tend to agree with most of your post, but I do think the store robbery was irrelevant to the shooting, unless Wilson did already know about the robbery then.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Ferguson protesters have a new ally:

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
        I tend to agree with most of your post, but I do think the store robbery was irrelevant to the shooting, unless Wilson did already know about the robbery then.
        It entirely relevant. If MB thought Officer Wilson did know about the robbery, that explains why he went on the offensive and attacked the officer. SMH...
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

It's actually more dangerous for a cop to encounter an individual WITHOUT the knowledge that the individual had just robbed or whatever. The fact is that BROWN knew that he had robbed that store, and he probably SURMISED that Wilson did, too..... Had Wilson known that Brown had committed that act, Wilson no doubt would have handled it much differently. It is VERY relevant.

Also, look at the manner in which Brown treated the store clerk --- confrontation, then separation, then, as if that wasn't enough, he comes BACK for that extra intimidation thing... VERY similar to what is alleged to have happened to Wilson.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why would Brown's state of mind be irrelevant?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

OK, I didn't think about Brown's state of mind. Since we can't read the mind of a dead person, I guess Wilson should be considered not guilty.
              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

To be sure, "would have" may be a long way from "could have," but I think this is interesting anyway http://www.komando.com/happening-now...-article_3-cta

Comment

OK, I didn't think about Brown's state of mind. Since we can't read the mind of a dead person, I guess Wilson should be considered not guilty.
                  We don't know that yet. We just know that it's not a slam dunk that he "murdered an innocent kid in broad daylight". And that goofy idiot Governor of Missouri should not inflame the crowed by advocating a "vigorous prosecution" to get "Justice for Michael Brown". That is SO INCREDIBLY prejudiced.

I think what we DO know is that it's entirely possible that this was a "righteous shooting".
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    We don't know that yet. We just know that it's not a slam dunk that he "murdered an innocent kid in broad daylight". And that goofy idiot Governor of Missouri should not inflame the crowed by advocating a "vigorous prosecution" to get "Justice for Michael Brown". That is SO INCREDIBLY prejudiced.

I think what we DO know is that it's entirely possible that this was a "righteous shooting".
                    All of the eyewitnesses indicate it was not righteous. What sort of evidence would invalidate these people who saw the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                      All of the eyewitnesses indicate it was not righteous. What sort of evidence would invalidate these people who saw the same thing?
                      The other people who saw the same thing and gave a different account - and an account that is supported by autopsy reports at that.
                      as opposed to
                      eye witness accounts that are found wanting in the light of the autopsy reports.
                      For example - the eye witness accounts saying that he was standing with his hands raised - which are sort of called into question by a bullet entry wound through the top of his head. Of course - if he had started to topple forward when the gun was fired, that wouldn't by itself rule out the possibility that he was standing with his hands raised.
                      Then there are the eye witness accounts that say he was running away - so how is it that all bullet wounds show entry from the front?

And if I remember rightly, the cop was hit around the head a few times ... which, particularly given the size of the lad, could possibly have resulted in a mild concussion that made the cop less able to think clearly. ... and that wouldn't necessarily affect his ability to actually use a gun over much, assuming he was trained in how to shoot.
                      Last edited by tabibito; 08-21-2014, 02:58 AM.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                        The other people who saw the same thing and gave a different account - and an account that is supported by autopsy reports at that.
                        as opposed to
                        eye witness accounts that are found wanting in the light of the autopsy reports.
                        For example - the eye witness accounts saying that he was standing with his hands raised - which are sort of called into question by a bullet entry wound through the top of his head. Of course - if he had started to topple forward when the gun was fired, that wouldn't by itself rule out the possibility that he was standing with his hands raised.
                        Then there are the eye witness accounts that say he was running away - so how is it that all bullet wounds show entry from the front?

And if I remember rightly, the cop was hit around the head a few times ... which, particularly given the size of the lad, could possibly have resulted in a mild concussion that made the cop less able to think clearly. ... and that wouldn't necessarily affect his ability to actually use a gun over much, assuming he was trained in how to shoot.
                        I don't understand. You claim your first objection doesn't necessarily contradict the eyewitnesses, and in the eyewitness accounts Brown was shot at while running and while surrendering, which, with the autopsy, would indicate that the shots fired while he was running missed. I don't see what a possible concussion has to do with whether the shooting was justified. What are you trying to say?

Comment

According to the police there are a dozen eyewitnesses that confirm the account given by the officer (Darren Wilson) that Mike Brown was charging him when he shot. At least one witness was picked up in the background of a video posted by an apparent Brown supporter on YouTube discussing it with someone else saying that Brown doubled back on the police.

So your claim that "all of the eyewitnesses indicate it was not righteous" obviously does not hold water.

Further, Wilson claims that he had been hit in the face by Brown before Brown started to leave then when told to stop turned around and charged Wilson. The fact that Wilson has a serious facial injury -- a fractured eye socket -- tends to corroborate the officer's account.

Finally, the video of the strong arm robbery that Brown had participated in shortly before the confrontation with Wilson shatters the "Gentle Giant" image that he had been portrayed as being.

Does all of this mean that Wilson is innocent of any wrong doing and that the shooting was entirely righteous? No. The evidence and witnesses have to be be fully examined before that can be ascertained.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't understand. You claim your first objection doesn't necessarily contradict the eyewitnesses, and in the eyewitness accounts Brown was shot at while running and while surrendering, which, with the autopsy, would indicate that the shots fired while he was running missed. I don't see what a possible concussion has to do with whether the shooting was justified. What are you trying to say?
                            Basically, what I was trying to say was what Rogue06 said. Not all the witnesses said he was surrendering. Some said he was running away. Some said he was charging the cop. And concussion does work toward mitigation - the person is not in full control, particularly in an emotionally charged situation. He's been hit hard enough to sustain a fractured eye socket - no one thinks straight after that kind of injury.
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                            Scripture before Tradition:
                            but that won't prevent others from
                            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

^ Yeah, that!
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

All of the eyewitnesses indicate it was not righteous.
                                No they don't.

Then there's ghetto dynamics at work where ghetto blacks will lie to your face in a performance worthy of an Academy Award explaining how he din do nuffin and he was a good boy while the ones who want to tell the truth will either shut up or at least avoid the camera so they don't get beaten/murdered afterwards.
                                Last edited by Darth Executor; 08-21-2014, 10:28 AM.
                                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment