Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Tracfone's Interesting Advertising Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never really watched Cartoon Network (other than maybe a few shows here and there back around 1997) so can I be forgiven for assuming it was aimed at children? Presumably many parents think the same way - therein lies the problem.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I've never really watched Cartoon Network (other than maybe a few shows here and there back around 1997) so can I be forgiven for assuming it was aimed at children? Presumably many parents think the same way - therein lies the problem.
      Well, for quite a while Cartoon Network has had it's kids shows during the day, and then "Adult Swim" at night. It's been a long time since I was watching it late enough to see it start up, so they may have stopped in the interim. I'm almost positive they had it going in 1997 though.

Comment

Yes and no, it's not Nickelodeon and a lot of its cartoons are aimed more at middle school/teens with some adult programming late at night (weirdly enough, they re-did Toonami for this and use it in place of what was Adult Swim). Sunday night seems reserved for 'how many people can we tick off or gross out' crap.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Yes and no, it's not Nickelodeon and a lot of its cartoons are aimed more at middle school/teens with some adult programming late at night (weirdly enough, they re-did Toonami for this and use it in place of what was Adult Swim). Sunday night seems reserved for 'how many people can we tick off or gross out' crap.
          Even as a kid, I didn't really like their cartoons as much because they just struck me as so much more cynical than Nickelodeon's. But I was a weird kid.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Well, for quite a while Cartoon Network has had it's kids shows during the day, and then "Adult Swim" at night. It's been a long time since I was watching it late enough to see it start up, so they may have stopped in the interim. I'm almost positive they had it going in 1997 though.
            Adult Swim was replaced by Toonami a year or so ago - but it's the same line up basis: anime on Saturday; gross crap on Sunday.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Even as a kid, I didn't really like their cartoons as much because they just struck me as so much more cynical than Nickelodeon's. But I was a weird kid.
              They are honestly the worst animated things on TV. A few are decent - Foster's was neat - but most are the same overly minimalist, badly animated, really badly plotted, throw in some weird/gross shots for the heck of it, dreck that became popular a decade ago.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Adult Swim was replaced by Toonami a year or so ago - but it's the same line up basis: anime on Saturday; gross crap on Sunday.
                Toonami used to be awesome. They would play stuff like Batman the Animated Series, and Justice League.

The only shows I enjoy on Cartoon Network anymore are Ben 10 Omniverse, which has terrible animation now. It did go back to being a bit less serious than Ben 10 Alien Force though, which I enjoyed. And then, a kind of hit or miss cartoon, Regular Show. Obviously very inspired by the 80's, and early 90's.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X