Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Tracfone's Interesting Advertising Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    Dang, they named the network in their response! I read "Cartoon" and thought about the only network I knew that had cartoon shows. What next, a network just for shopping?
    There's even a "lifetime movie network", appropriately named, because it takes a LIFETIME to watch each movie!!!!!! Five minutes of movie, four minutes of commercial, three minutes of movie, seven minutes of commercial, six minutes of movie....."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      There's even a "lifetime movie network", appropriately named, because it takes a LIFETIME to watch each movie!!!!!! Five minutes of movie, four minutes of commercial, three minutes of movie, seven minutes of commercial, six minutes of movie....."
      Come to think of it, it's kinda like FOOTBALL!!!! With only 2 minutes of game remaining, you have to watch another THIRTY MINUTES to see the END!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No wonder lao tzu is so smart--he doesn't own a TV! I once lived for a couple of years and other times for months at a time without a TV. Never missed it, and that was before the Intertubes too. Now I try to get interested in one or two series but there's nothing really good on. I will occasionally watch a movie if it grabs my interest.
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

And every movie a variation of the same theme: some man done some woman wrong.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Yeah, they base way too many of those on your exploits...

Sorry, no fair leaving straight lines lying around like that...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              It's kinda like my wife and I got into watching Matlock reruns....

EVERY Episode, the person who will eventually be found not guilty enters a room where a murder just happened, and foolishly bends over the body and picks up the murder weapon just in time for the police to come and catch him/her at the scene of the crime.

Comment

That's one I never have understood - why pick up the weapon? The person to see if they are alive, the phone to call for help but why the weapon?
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  That's one I never have understood - why pick up the weapon? The person to see if they are alive, the phone to call for help but why the weapon?
                  It's in the script!

Comment

It's in the script!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

That's the ONLY explanation I can come up with --- kinda like the monster chases the lady who's running in high heels, and he's moving at a snail's pace, but she will ALWAYS trip and fall, and he will get her.

Or the lady who shoots the attacker dead, then sits down and turns her back on him, and he's NOT DEAD!!!! What woman in her right mind () is going to sit there in close proximity to her attacker with her BACK turned to him?

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                        Dang, they named the network in their response! I read "Cartoon" and thought about the only network I knew that had cartoon shows. What next, a network just for shopping?
                        I am glad that there is someone else here who is television free, and knows as little as I do about what is on.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

cartoon network? I know which one it was. nope probably not toxic enough
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                            cartoon network? I know which one it was. nope probably not toxic enough
                            They've been going downhill in quality for a long time now. Only 2, maybe 3 shows out of their entire line-up are even worth watching at all right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              They've been going downhill in quality for a long time now. Only 2, maybe 3 shows out of their entire line-up are even worth watching at all right now.
                              And they are getting desperate...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

And they are getting desperate...
                                They should fire whoever is in charge right now, and get somebody who actually knows what a good cartoon is. Oh, and if they are going to keep having live action stuff show up there, then they should go ahead and bring over Code Lyoko Evolution. Maybe bring back Generator Rex, and change the animation style of the Ben 10 series back to what it was originally.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X