Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Expensive Designer Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    You don't get to make that call.
    Ooh i did not see his end of discussion statement can you sing "Brave sir Robin"?

Comment

• In relation to the topic I own some "designer" stuff but I pretty much exclusively shop sales. The thing I won't do is buy stuff with the brand proudly displayed across the chest (or butt or leg) because I refuse to be a walking advertisement. I may have one workout shirt that says Nike. It was a gift.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

• Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
        In relation to the topic I own some "designer" stuff but I pretty much exclusively shop sales. The thing I won't do is buy stuff with the brand proudly displayed across the chest (or butt or leg) because I refuse to be a walking advertisement. I may have one workout shirt that says Nike. It was a gift.
        there isnt anything wrong with buying nice things, we are just pointing out kott's hypocrisy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
          You can believe or disbelieve what Jesus says. That is up to you. If you want to wear rags instead of designer clothing then that is fine with me. End of discussion in this thread.
          You didn't make this thread, so you don't have the authority to shut it down. However, if this is you running away from the thread you are more than free to do just that.

Comment

• Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
            In relation to the topic I own some "designer" stuff but I pretty much exclusively shop sales. The thing I won't do is buy stuff with the brand proudly displayed across the chest (or butt or leg) because I refuse to be a walking advertisement. I may have one workout shirt that says Nike. It was a gift.
            I own lots of clothes from designer labels but I bought them from the thrift shop, some still had tags on them. I love second hand stores!
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• At my college there was a big barrel in the first floor of the dorm rooms that students could put unwanted clothes into, and other students could take as needed. I only recently decided to stop wearing a pair of pants that I got from that barrel like 8 years ago. I replaced it with some pants I bought from Goodwill.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                At my college there was a big barrel in the first floor of the dorm rooms that students could put unwanted clothes into, and other students could take as needed. I only recently decided to stop wearing a pair of pants that I got from that barrel like 8 years ago. I replaced it with some pants I bought from Goodwill.
                my brother got a very expensive looking suit at goodwill for only $10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  You can find some quality stuff there. There's no shame in shopping at a thrift store.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Hi. I'm Bill and I approve of this message

Shuny.gif
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      You can find some quality stuff there. There's no shame in shopping at a thrift store.
                      And it helps support those who are employed there.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes you can find amazing things at thrift stores. I bought a Hart, Shaffer and Marx Blazer from our Crisis Pregnancy Center thrift shop for $4.50. I love it!
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X