Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Date Rape Nail Polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Apparently some feminists are upset about this because they say that it places the burden on women to avoid being victims rather than by teaching men not to commit date rape. It seems awfully naive to me to think that telling people not to commit crimes is a panacea for crime and that it is offensive to provide people opportunities such as self defense. Are they going to go discourage women from training in the martial arts for self defense next?
    Any man that needs to be taught not to drug a woman in order to have sex with her is well past the point where mere education is gonna be effective. Or he's three and needs a good swat on his tush.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Well, if you don't drink, you won't be slipped a mickey that way, anyway.
      Yeah!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        I guess the best thing to do is just stay home by yourself?

Join a singles group at Church!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Apparently some feminists are upset about this because they say that it places the burden on women to avoid being victims rather than by teaching men not to commit date rape. It seems awfully naive to me to think that telling people not to commit crimes is a panacea for crime and that it is offensive to provide people opportunities such as self defense. Are they going to go discourage women from training in the martial arts for self defense next?
          I've gotten the distinct impression that feminists do, in fact, discourage women from training in self-defense.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            I've gotten the distinct impression that feminists do, in fact, discourage women from training in self-defense.
            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Because the last thing a strong women needs is to be physically capable of defending herself.

Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

No relation to the folks that think there is nothing you can do to reduce your chances of being a victim?
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I don't think I have done anything to deserve getting robbed. But I still lock my door.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  Just go look at the feminist reaction to Miss Nevada(?) talking about self-defense. It makes perfect sense that you've gotten that impression.

Comment

From what I recall about that subject, the concern was that any attempt to fight back would enrage the man more...and let's be honest here, man are typically larger and can inflict greater damage. I'm on the fence myself.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      From what I recall about that subject, the concern was that any attempt to fight back would enrage the man more...and let's be honest here, man are typically larger and can inflict greater damage. I'm on the fence myself.

It depends on a number of factors - but there are some cases in which you cannot acquiesce without endangering your chances of survival.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        Really? Because from what I recall the concern was that a woman learning self-defense of any sort is "victim blaming" because it puts the onus on the woman not to get raped and not on the man to not rape. Because feminists really think that men are never told that rape is bad apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          It depends on a number of factors - but there are some cases in which you cannot acquiesce without endangering your chances of survival.
                          Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                            Really? Because from what I recall the concern was that a woman learning self-defense of any sort is "victim blaming" because it puts the onus on the woman not to get raped and not on the man to not rape. Because feminists really think that men are never told that rape is bad apparently.
                            If that was their rationale, then yeah, that's not logical.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X