Internet Car Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Car Repair

My Mercury Mountaineer is a 2006 with ALMOST 250,000 miles. It runs GREAT, but recently the blower motor just started running FULL FORCE with no way to control it. Drove me BATTY! (OK, battier)

I googled the symptom and found THIS to be the likely culprit....

speed control unit.JPG

It's a blower motor speed control unit, and it's a "dealer only" item, meaning you can't buy it at NAPA or O'Reily or Auto Zone.

Ford Dealer wanted $149 PLUS install -- I found it online at RockAuto.com for $79 INCLUDING overnight shipping. Just installed it, and my car is purring like a kitten again instead of sounding like a MIGHTY RUSHING WIND!!!!!

I love internet car repair!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Smart buy CP.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

What's an internet car?
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        What's an internet car?
        Runs on Linux!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm going to be doing a bit of that soon. Getting an old '67 Mark II Austin Mini that will be a complete restoration job. So I'm going to have to hunt down a few replacement parts from around the world.
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
            I'm going to be doing a bit of that soon. Getting an old '67 Mark II Austin Mini that will be a complete restoration job. So I'm going to have to hunt down a few replacement parts from around the world.
            I remember in the olden days when I would go to a junk yard and the guy would check to see if he had it -- and if not, he would get on his ham radio (or CB radio) and call around to other junk yards to see if they had it.

OR, they would say something like.. "walk down that path til you get to that big ol' oak tree, then turn left at the 57 Caddy, and you'll find a couple of Ford Fairlanes on your left. Take a 7/16 socket, a hammer, and a couple of good cuss words with ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I remember in the olden days when I would go to a junk yard and the guy would check to see if he had it -- and if not, he would get on his ham radio (or CB radio) and call around to other junk yards to see if they had it.

OR, they would say something like.. "walk down that path til you get to that big ol' oak tree, then turn left at the 57 Caddy, and you'll find a couple of Ford Fairlanes on your left. Take a 7/16 socket, a hammer, and a couple of good cuss words with ya!
              The olden days? Pick-n-Pull made a lot of repairs possible on my first car (an '83 Chevy Malibu). That wasn't THAT long ago, was it?
              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Rock auto is great. A-1 is also really good for spare parts like that. For larger items, uneedapart.com is the way to go.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I did just that a few weeks ago for my daughter's Toyota. Circle Auto Parts. Love them!!
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Rock auto is great. A-1 is also really good for spare parts like that. For larger items, uneedapart.com is the way to go.
                    Hmmm... will check that out. Thanks!

Comment