Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The New Doctor Who - Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I remember when Tom Baker was the bad guy in The Golden Voyage of Sinbad.

Best movie line ever........

"Trust in Allah but tie up your camel!".
    His performance in that movie helped him gain the role of the Doctor.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Mr. mossy and I first saw that movie in a theatre, and there was a little boy sitting near us. When he saw the chimera (flying creature that was the naughty Tom's eyes and ears), he piped up to his Mom, "Look! A dingbat!"

Of course, it was in the heyday of All in the Family. We couldn't help but laugh out loud at his innocent comment. And to us it has been a "dingbat" ever since. (We own ALL the Sinbad movies, at least those by Harryhausen).

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Just watched the trailer (1974) - looks dreadful.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Strax:

One of my favourite Doctor Who characters

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I will give the new doctor a chance. His age bothered me at first, being used to the last two doctors, but then I thought "all the first doctors were all pretty old, and having young doctors is a fairly new thing." so maybe he will bring back some of the classic Dr. Who vibe to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                Strax:

One of my favourite Doctor Who characters

Strax is the greatest potato.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Patrick Troughton was the first doctor I saw.

Yeah. I'm old.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I will give the new doctor a chance. His age bothered me at first, being used to the last two doctors, but then I thought "all the first doctors were all pretty old, and having young doctors is a fairly new thing." so maybe he will bring back some of the classic Dr. Who vibe to the show.
                      This is how I feel about it. The first doctor was a lot more serious than later ones. I think Capaldi's acting reflects this part of the Doctor more.
                      "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                      -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Also, I love the quote from the Robin Hood episode....

"I am the Doctor...and this is my spoon!"
                        "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                        -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Yeah....I'm still not seeing it. Sigh...I feel he's still struggling to pull it off.
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                            Yeah....I'm still not seeing it. Sigh...I feel he's still struggling to pull it off.
                            The episodes this season are pretty blah so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              The episodes this season are pretty blah so far.
                              maybe that's it...
                              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I really liked the episode "Listen." It had a good spooky vibe to it as well as insight into the Doctor's past.
                                -Marcus Aurelius

Comment