No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The same way you get across the first time? Timmy's dad should be along shortly to render a more permanent solution."

[Or the DM could give us an opponent that, y'know, we could actually do something about. ]
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [You do have options other than shoot the thing, you know...

Siri, roll under that knowledge thing...]
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• [6d20+8=14]
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• [Tentacali! You remember that thing now. It's a rare creature your master assured you that you could forget all about because no one ever encounters them and they're really easy to kill as long as you're not third level or below. All the tentacles come from a central orb rooted at the bottom of a stream or creek. Usually found in running water you never see them in rivers because if they are there they are too small to reach anything at the surface. Remembering the huge tentacles you saw earlier it's little wonder you didn't think of it - this thing is WAY too big. On the bright side, they are solitary so the one at the bridge is probably the only one.

Probably. ]
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• ["easy to kill"? ]

Comment

• [ The normal ones are tiny in comparison. At the largest, the tentacles won't be longer than ten feet - and that would be exceptional. Normally the tentacles are five feet or less.]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• []

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [None of us has anything like blasting magic, and I have no other idea of what to do except to go back to the bit about Gossamer Gulch being in the direction of your heart's desire, which needn't be across this silly bridge. Unless...]

Siri snaps her fingers. "Will you hold on to that thought for just few rounds? There's something I'd like to try."

[I'm gonna try stabbing a tentacle with the cursed spindle. What should I be rolling, here?]

Comment

• [You can't - they are all back under the water. You do know that just because you can't cross the bridge doesn't mean you can't cross the river, right? The tentacles aren't of infinite length - and OBP is correct, the goats won't starve. Cry maybe, but not starve.]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [I'm sure we can coax the tentacles back out of the river. Can we easily get into and out of the river with horses, and is the river slow enough that we can safely swim across it?

If anyone of third level can usually dispatch these things, I don't think it requires blasting magic. I'm assuming the body is more vulnerable to slashing/piercing attacks than the tentacles; I'm just not sure how we could safely get into position to test that.]

Should we try dashing across the bridge (which would take less than a round on horseback), or shall we swim the horses across downstream?
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [Yes, both you and the horses can swim the river - it's very calm here. The tentacles took several rounds to fill the bridge the last time.]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• []

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [why do we need to cross the river, again?]

Comment

• [To get to the other side.

Okay, okay, to go rescue the Princess - you're on the road to Gossamer Gulch...]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                Gossamer Gulch is a day's walk away - in what direction, you don't know and it doesn't matter. As long as it's the destination of your heart, that's where you'll end up.
                                [why do we have horses, and why are we on this road?]

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X