No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [I guess next time me and my extended range and extra attacks of opportunity get to watch the prisoner, eh? ]
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Both Siri and Twig find their marks. Both tentacles begin to withdraw but even more start coming up the sides of the bridge. The two goats run for it and make it safely off and halfway up the hill.

Gades reaches the still unconscious sphinx.

There are at least ten tentacles coming up from beneath the bridge: four on one side and six on the other that you can see.

Actions?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• [may as well keep plonking away at it - it's bound to run out of HP eventually]
        Twig sends another arrow into the mass of tentacles.
        [18+16=34; damage=8+8=16]

[to Gades:]"Just hog-tie the thing if you're worried about it waking up. We have another beastie to worry about."
        Last edited by One Bad Pig; 09-17-2014, 10:13 AM.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Gades ties the creature up (Use rope: 14 + 3 = 17), then runs straight towards the bridge.
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Another attack, followed by a 5-foot step back.

[hit: 20(!) +8=28, aaand 11+8=19 to confirm
            damage: 8. I don't entirely understand crit: if it doubles the result on the dice, it's 14. If it doubles all the weapon damage (including STR and magic bonuses), 16.]

Comment

• Twig calls out, "Why are you two determined to close with that snakepit? Ten on two does not seem like good odds."

[for a critical hit x2, roll twice, and add the bonuses to each roll]
              Last edited by One Bad Pig; 09-17-2014, 01:05 PM.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [okay then, I end up dealing 17 damage.]

Comment

• Two tentacles sink beneath the bridge, one looking particularly bad. Several more start up as the existing eight begin to writhe around on the bridge deck. One finds a spindle and yanks it out then pulls it under the bridge.

[Spot checks, please! And yes, you can keep right on attacking the thing. ]
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [ A collapsible bridge? ]
                    [spot check=8-1=7]

Twig sends an arrow towards a tentacle that looks likely to find another spindle.
                    [5+16=21; damage=5+8=13]
                    sigpic

Comment

• [Spindles are part of the railing... ]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [5 for the spot check. yay]

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                          [5 for the spot check. yay]
                          [great, we're both oblivious]
                          sigpic

Comment

• [Me Too? Spot = 13 + 3 = 16.]

Gades rushes closer to the bridge (is he in range to attack?).
                            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Twig 'kills' two more tentacles and they retreat. Gades notices that one of the tentacles coming up from the water has an arrow already stuck in it, yet it doesn't seem overly affected. Several more emerge, they all seem to be blindly searching the bridge.

Actions?

[Yep, you are in range, Gades.]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Twig keeps firing away.
                                [11+16=27; damage=2+8=10]
                                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X