No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Have the sphinx help us pull it up toward the shore: if we can't pull it all the way up, at least we'll get its tentacles more exposed. Either that, or toss it into the river and hope it distracts the creature down there long enough for us to cross."
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• "Whatever it is, it's much larger than we are. I'm afraid we'd end up being the ones pulled. And it has so many tentacles that tossing the sphinx in probably wouldn't fully occupy it. If we keep on stinging it, it might decide that to allow us passage anyway."
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Twig looses another arrow at a tentacle:

[18+16=34; damage=5+8=13]
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [So, what's the plan?]

More damage, more retreating, more new tentacles - same old, same old...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• [I say we chuck the Sphinx down there. ]
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• "Turning it into a pincushion doesn't seem to be working very well, but we can try it your way a while longer."

Siri looks at the goats: "Keep an eye on the sphinx for us."

[aaaaalright. Next move is another (yay 10 ft range) melee attack against the closest tentacle
              23 to hit, 5 damage]

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                [I say we chuck the Sphinx down there. ]

[Why don't you run back over there and do it? ]
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Gades takes another bullet to a tentacle

[Power Attack. To hit: 8 + 9 - 5 = 12. Damage = 2 + 3 + 5.]

Comment

• Twig stumbles while shooting his next arrow.

[crit fail ]

sigpic

Comment

• Siri and Gades do more damage to the tentacles. Twig damages himself. The goats watch the sphinx. The tentacles don't seem to care.

The middle goat yells to Siri, "Hey, it's waking up!"

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Siri attacks one more tentacle before heading back toward the Sphinx.

[12 to hit, 9 damage]

Comment

• []

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Twig recovers and launches another arrow:
                            [10+16=26; damage=5+8=13]

He takes a quick peek at the sphinx, but stays where he is for now.

[That sphinx has an amazing constitution to be stirring already. ]

sigpic

Comment

• [Waking up is mostly 'beginning to moan/make noise' - and it is a sphinx, after all...]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Gades Hurls another Bullet towards a tentacle (Power Attack. 15 - 5 = 10 to hit, 7 + 5 = 12 Damage.)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X