No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Chlug Ressamog is just Gossamer Gulch spelled backwards... inverted. It would make sense that the prince of the inversion of the land of magical dream creatures would be a creature like a troll" she observes with a smirk.

"Of course, that just makes Gossamer Gulch itself another place to look for clues."

[just so were clear, this is the kingdom of Gossamer, and the Gulch is a legendary place hidden somewhere in the kingdom?]
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

"The Gulch has got to be closer than the other side of the planet. Let's look there first."
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[Gossamer Gulch is located within the kingdom of Gossamer. It is a lot closer than the other side of the planet. ]
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

['Twas a rhetorical statement.]
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[I'd say, "what are we waiting for," but the stuff Teal said about it being a fairy tale suggest to me that we won't easily find it on a map.]

Comment

[]
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[this looks like a job for a knowledge check about local legends, yes?]

Comment

[]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[20(!) on the die plus 10 is 30]

Comment

Gossamer Gulch is a day's walk away - in what direction, you don't know and it doesn't matter. As long as it's the destination of your heart, that's where you'll end up.

So the silly legend says.

But it also says something about Gossamer Gulch being something or other's home... No one seems to remember what.

The Footman only remember something good lives there. He says he's been there many times and can even tell you when - but not what why or what lives there. Evidently, no one remembers once they leave the place.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Gades says, "Well, what are we waiting for, folks? Let's get to Gossamer Gulch."
                        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

"Works for me."

[OTOH, will we remember any clues we get there? ]

sigpic

Comment

[Probably - as long as what lives there isn't important...

]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[Moving right along...]

The footman is more than willing to let you take the spindle - seeing as it's a cursed item and they've been trying to find someone stupid enough to take it for years (he doesn't put it quite that way, in fact he complements your bravery, courage, strength and just about everything else when Siri suggests taking the thing [from SB conversation]).

Otherwise, there isn't anything to loot - unless you wanna steal someone's spinning and tote a fifty pound spinning wheel down a LOT of stairs. [Y'all are gonna have an interesting time with that bard of yours...]

Once back in the throne room, His Majesty provides mounts and provisions for the day's journey to Gossamer Gulch. Three days worth of provisions, which seems odd but who's gonna argue?

[I'm gonna presume you were ready to travel - post any 'eek, I needed to ____' actions in your next post and we'll count them as having happened before leaving. And on that note, off you go!]

Map and directions provided, you start out the next morning. A half day passes pleasantly but uneventfully. After a nice lunch, you don't ride far before coming across three goats, one normal sized and two progressively larger. The largest is huge. They are on the side of the road, huddled together as if in conversation.

As you get closer, you hear a childlike voice complain, "But Big Brother, you beat up Timothy Troll every day! We need to get to the pasture - I'm hungry!"

A deep, rumbling voice answers, "Timothy is on vacation. His substitute likes riddles - I can't help it if they change the rules! And besides, I don't even know what that thing is!"

Actions?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[ugh. Didn't think about the possible difficulties of playing as a high-charisma character in one campaign and an overly terse robot in another.

and yaaaaay Billy Goats Gruff meets the sphinx.]

Siri, with a grin, turns to her companions: "Do either of you like riddles?"

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X