No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gades says to his allies, "I don't really see why not... As long as they don't do anything drastic. You guys got any objections?"
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Why not?
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The goats willingly promise not to interfere. You get the impression the oldest just wants to see if you can do it but the other two want food and don't care how they get to it.

[Any other actions or are you moving on?]
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

[Taking that as a 'no'...]

You ride on with three goats tagging along behind. Over the next hill you see a lovely stream in the valley below and a picturesque bridge crossing it. As you approach a large creature, far larger than should logically fit under the bridge, crawls out and confronts you. It has the body of a lion and the head of a lovely woman.

"Who approaches my bridge?" she growls, literally. "If you would cross, answer my riddle."

[Assuming you say yes seems reasonable and we may as well get this thing moving...]

"What rises in the evening, sets in the morning and is red all over?" She asks.

[Actions?]
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Siri whispers to her companions, "My plan would have been more fun," before saying to the sphinx, "A blood moon."
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

The sphinx looks a little miffed then shakes its head, "Wrong."

Behind you, one of the goat's whispers, "Why didn't it say it was gonna eat him?"

The sphinks puts its paw over its face, "Drat, I knew I forgot something. See if I ever help Timmy out again." It sighs then turns to you, "Okay, that didn't count 'cause I forgot to tell you I get to eat you when you get them wrong. So, try this one: What runs on four legs at noon and walks on two at midnight and why does it fly south for the winter?"

[Actions?]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[Get off my high horse.]
                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Twig objects, "That's two questions! Is that a proper riddle?"
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The sphinx looks confused for a moment. "It's a riddle, I think... Okay, okay, how about 'why did the duck fly south in the morning?"

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[OOC: Because he wasn't from the Land of Inversions. Otherwise, the duck would be flying north at night. ]

Comment

"That's not a riddle. That's a joke minus the punchline."

sigpic

Comment

The sphinx looks a little miffed, "Fine, last one: why did the chicken cross the bun?"

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Gades replies in an irritated tone, "That's not even a coherent joke."

Comment

A now really irritated sphinx looks at you, "Fine. One last, last try: As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives, each wife had seven sacks, each sack had seven cats, each cat had seven kits: kits, cats, sacks, and wives, how many were there going to St. Ives?"

She pauses for a second then adds, "and crosses the road?"

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X