Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Cell Phone Data Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    And this allows Sparko to get a free iPhone 6 Plus?
    I want my Obamaphone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I want my Obamaphone!!!
      I'm doing my best NOT to post that video.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I want my Obamaphone!!!
        Sounds like you already have an ObamaPhone 6 Plus.
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          Sounds like you already have an ObamaPhone 6 Plus.
          still waiting on it.

Comment

Comment

I am a big, dumb dinosaur.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

still waiting on it.
                still?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is my phone. It is primitive, expendable, and cheap*. It's perfect.

*Cost me all of $13, to be specific. Minutes cost me about $10 a month; $20 if I'm liberal with my texts.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    This is my phone. It is primitive, expendable, and cheap*. It's perfect.

*Cost me all of $13, to be specific. Minutes cost me about $10 a month; $20 if I'm liberal with my texts.
                    Liberals ALWAYS make things cost more!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Liberals ALWAYS make things cost more!
                      I knew I shoulda used a different word.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        I knew I shoulda used a different word.
                        You threw a perfect pitch, I HAD to swing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          I am a big, dumb dinosaur.
                          It took me years to decide to get a cell phone. I didn't like people being able to call me all the time no matter where I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Wow, had an interesting powwow with ATT.... We are one of the few remaining "unlimited everything" plan holders, and apparently ATT is working hard to end those.

My granddaughter is on my plan, and was due for an upgrade. She wanted a fancy new phone that was going to be $199 with a 2 year contract.

The ATT dude tried to talk us into the "Next" plan, where we paid only $27 up front, and $27 a month for 24 months. That means we pay the FULL PRICE of the $600 phone ON TOP of our current plan. When I resisted, he said he could save me that much money by switching us from our unlimited plan to their shared data plan.

Then it got confusinger. When I asked why I would want to pay $600 for a phone instead of $200, he insisted I was already paying for the other $400 in my data plan.

I said, "OK, but if I do the $27 for 24 months, it doesn't DECREASE my current plan, it ADDS TO IT".
                            Well, he said, "NOT if we change you to the shared data plan!"

OK, I said, my granddaughter uses 10 Gigs a month, so that's 2/3rds of the 15 Gig plan you want to sell me, and once I give up my UNLIMITED plan, I can never get it back!

He started getting angry, and there were a couple small children running and screaming in the store, and another salesman brought another couple to our same small table, and it was getting really hectic.

I said, "OK, maybe I'm not understanding something, but I don't see how it benefits me to give up my unlimited plan AND pay $27 a month MORE for a phone that will end up costing me $600 instead of $200. He seemed to be getting angrier, and I called a time-out, and said my wife and granddaughter will step outside and discuss this.

We walked outside, and my wife reminded me that we did our LAST upgrade through BEST BUY, and they had given us a better price on the plan, AND a $50 Best Buy gift card.

SO, off to Best Buy we drive, where a helpful young man tries to sell me on the "next" plan, but when I explain my circumstances, he respond with a big smile "OH, then this wouldn't make any sense for you at all, but OUR phone is $149 instead of $199 PLUS you get a $50 Best Buy gift card that you can immediately apply to the purchase!

So, we got a MUCH better attitude, AND saved $100 bucks by upgrading through Best Buy!

So, how bout it --- are you on one of the unlimited data plans, or a shared plan, or what? And have you had any difficulty trying to EXTEND your unlimited plan?

I'm thinking that the ATT guy must get a bonus or something for getting us out of the unlimited plan, because he sure was determined!
                            Sprint tried the same thing on me when I upgraded my son's phone last month. I ended up going through Amazon and getting him a Galaxy S4 for a penny and I got to keep my unlimited everything plan. I've used Amazon's upgrades for all 5 of our lines, and each time, I got the phone for a penny. It wasn't the newest and shiniest one they had to offer, but the previous generation phone which still kicked the old phone's butt.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                              Remind me why I'd want a cell phone?
                              To talk to people?
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I hardly ever use the data on my phone. Just about everywhere I go there is wi-fi. I use about 1/2 gig a month at most. Most of the time a lot less than that.
                                I have teenagers that love to go places. They use over 10 G per month just for the girls. Adam uses about 3-4 on youtube watching Minecraft videos no matter hwere we are.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment